Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first, i must say that i am very proud of the wife! she had a little miss-hap and she kept her cool and stayed in control! i think she maybe a better rider than i am!
anyways, heres the story; we took a ride out to Rome OH. today to visit a friend who has a farm out there, to do a little horseback riding.
on the ride out there everything went well, no problems. but on the ride back home, at one point she had a little mis-hap. we came to a stop sign where the road we were on ended and you have to either turn left or right. we needed to go left. the wife starts to make the left hand turn and as she takes off and turns her head to the left looking into the turn. (all is good) but when she lifts her feet, her right foot hits the foot peg, she gets a little spooked, turns her head back to the right to see what is going on. (bad move) as she turns her head, she also turns her right hand and she gives the bike a little (more) gas. then turns her head back to the left to try to finish the turn and at the same time trying to find the right foot peg. which is now folded up and she taps rear brake. she makes a really wide left turn and finishes it on the berm of the road and then starts to wobble, goes a little more to the right and into the small ditch next to the road before coming to a stop. but my wife kept cool and just rode it out. and she did NOT dump the bike or even lay it down!
the whole time i'm right behind her making the same left hand turn trying to keep my head turn looking into the turn and watching her going off road and heading for the woods to the far right. i'm like holy shoot, she's buying the farm! she's going down! i pull over and hop off my bike to see if she's alright and everything. she's just sitting there saying "i'm alright! it's ok!" then after i'm done having my first "heart attack", i help her push the bike back up onto the berm. she tells me what happened and then i tell her "well, you did good! you kept cool and didn't go down." then i told her to stop trying to go off roading. she just lol.
she did really good! i'm so proud of her! man, when i saw her going into the that wobble and down into the ditch, the things you think when you see some thing like that!
everyone, please be careful out there and wear your gear!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Glad everything worked out OK. Look slike somebody was using ther noggin. I did that when I was a newbie, didn't get hurt but I messed up the bike a little.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Looks like she did good, don't panic and just slow down
Glad she is ok.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Tell your wife to take my word on it, that the Vulcan can go off road, but is much better suited on road. LOL
Hope this is the only time she does that!! Good to hear all turned out OK.

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
Glad everything is OK and it sounds like she did the right things. You also sounded like you coached her very well afterwards, instead of spooking her further. Good job by both of ya!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm bumping this on for Doc.......

this is way before his time and I know he's never read it. >:)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
damn she handled that well

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
My greatest fear...off road on the Vulcan!!Nearest I came was a rough gravel/sand road thru through Ocala forest....saw a bear!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts