Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those members who have changed over the the Honda GL 1500 brake and clutch levers... how do you like them? I sat on a Honda 1100 and 1300 tourer today and the large levers felt very comfortable. I saw a pic of the GL 1500 levers on a google image search and they don't look much wider that the current vn750's?

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
They aren't GL1500 specfic, but you can wide blade levers for the VN750.
I got a set of Flanders which also has an adjustable brake lever (No there is not an adjustable clutch lever available for our bikes)
http://www.flandersco.com/LeverSearch.lasso
VN 750 A10-21,A6F Vulcan W/4-Way adj PN# 426-23406 $55.85
Non-adjusting set
VN 750 A10-21,A6F Vulcan PN# 426-23402 $34.17

·
Registered
114 Posts
These levers for the newer 750's that had that slight modification to the brake (I think)? Now days I can't find anyplace that carries chrome wide levers to fit my 86 bike.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
You are right Mike. The wide blade levers listed are only available for the bikes with the round master cylinder perch.
A couple of years ago we came across some in Europe for the earlier models and arranged a group buy for the wide blade levers for the 85-90 or 91s. Unfortunately that source has disappeared also.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yep - That is where I bought mine before (Motorrad Burchard GmbH). Later I found Chrome and Lether Plus to carry them. I think it was over a year ago I got their last set. I'm still holding on to that set. Wish I had bought 3-4 extra sets when they were so plenty. I plan to wear out my current levers till no chrome left on them first before I use that last set.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I didn't look to deeply into it, but what about a company called WeMoto.
Check out THIS page for the older levers (scroll about 3/4 down)
They are black, but there is a (?) chromed or polished (?) brake lever alternative.
It's a place from the UK.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A big thanks Diana. The link was helpful in finding a local dealer that stocks Levers. They didn't really look all that wide in the photo on the website, so I'll run down and check them out. Would hate to trade Lena in for a Honda 1100 Tourer just for wider levers, but the stock KAW Levers are down right skinny. Even the Yamaha 650 has beautiful chrome very wide and comfortable Levers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts