Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at this little project & I've found a few vauge refrences to a rebuild kit. I however can't find a kit anywhere. No real suprise. I also am not sure of what parts to buy to rebuild it looking at the schematic. A little help would be great. Thanks.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Cock Repair Cost, Thanks Slim.

92081: SPRING,DIAPHRAGM VALV $2.53
43028: DIAPHRAGM $13.58
11009: GASKET,FUEL TAP $3.64
92055A: "0" RING,FUEL TAP LEV $2.93
51039: "O" RING $3.64

Total $26.32

I really thought this might have been in the versus.:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts

Total $26.32

"Itemized list and cost of repair, $26.32. Having it in the Verses, priceless!" :)

I bought a rebuild kit (a couple of 'em actually) from someone in Canada, eh? Cost about what you've got for your total. I'll see if I can find the link from eBay - it just ensured that I didn't miss any parts.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

Total $26.32

Hey kanuck, when you get those parts, could you measure the ID, OD and thickness of the rubber O-rings, and post the specs. They may be available in any generic O-ring selection at the local auto store, if we have the specs to check. Could save a few $, or more important - riding time on a nice weekend.:smiley_th

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My calipar is metric, so some will have fun with that. I took a second glance at the micro, yeah, those o rings don't have a labeled size.

·
Kawika
441 Posts
This should be the part number for the K&L Petcock Repair Kit for the vn750: 18-2723
it can be found here on ebay for around $23 and I have found it at several local Kawasaki dealers fo a few bucks more.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
This should be the part number for the K&L Petcock Repair Kit for the vn750: 18-2723
it can be found here on ebay for around $23 and I have found it at several local Kawasaki dealers fo a few bucks more.

This pic of the K&L kit does not include the diaphram valve spring (#92081), that slimvr refers to does it ?
Question for any one who has rebuilt a petcock-How necessary is it to relace that spring during a rebuild?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I'm not sure about the spring, but if you get a generic O-ring, be sure it's chemical resistant. Some cheap O-rings wont last long in gasoline.

Oh, and Kanuck, whatever value you get on metric calipers, just divide that by 25.4 to get English measurements

Ex.... 4mm divided by 25.4 = .157in.

Or another conversion factor is to multiply by .03937

Ex.... 4mm times .03937 = .157in

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure about the spring, but if you get a generic O-ring, be sure it's chemical resistant. Some cheap O-rings wont last long in gasoline.
Quite honestly I'd sooner pay abit more & have an o-ring I knew was "good to go" & not rot on me. I'll measure the rings anyway. Just for info sake.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
No you can't use a regular o-ring to seal gasoline. I think the correct one is viton, but I'm not sure. I am sure a regular rubber o-ring won't last. (especially running Sea-Foam thru the system like everybody does)

I rebuilt my gas valve and as far as that spring goes, if it isn't broken, or somehow deformed, then you don't need to change it. Mine was whole, and straight, and looked fine so I re-used it and have not had a problem with it. So if it's fine, than changing it is a matter of personal preference.

When I rebuild mine I only change the parts shown in that photo above, and gave the rest of it a very thorough cleaning, and it's been just fine ever since. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I picked up a replacement spring at NAPA - it was a little too long, so I cut it in half and sent the other half to a fellow Forumer who was rebuilding his petcock. Seems to work just fine - and cost less than a buck,I think.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
No you can't use a regular o-ring to seal gasoline. I think the correct one is viton, but I'm not sure. I am sure a regular rubber o-ring won't last. (especially running Sea-Foam thru the system like everybody does)
I rebuilt my gas valve and as far as that spring goes, if it isn't broken, or somehow deformed, then you don't need to change it. Mine was whole, and straight, and looked fine so I re-used it and have not had a problem with it. So if it's fine, than changing it is a matter of personal preference.

When I rebuild mine I only change the parts shown in that photo above, and gave the rest of it a very thorough cleaning, and it's been just fine ever since. ;)
I think you`re right Doug, about the viton O-ring. I should have remembered that. I must have Alzeimers or Halfheimers or Oldtimers or something affecting me.:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts