Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
50 and sunny tomorrow in Philly then 54 and sunny on Sunday! Whoo Hooooo!! I already put a ride together for Sunday with a couple buddies!!! Cant' friggin wait! :motorcycl :pepper: :smiley_th :D

Anybody else up here plan on taking advantage of the weather on 2 wheels?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Will be in lower 60's saturday and mid 60's Sunday in Arkansas. I can't wait either!!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
YES!! Riding this weekend all over.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! I was out Saturday and Sunday. The nancy across the street that doesn't ride in anything below 70 degrees even went with us. He saw 3 other bikes in my driveway and couldn't resist. We saw ALL sorts of other riders out there too - I fricken love it...

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
Breaking down and taking mine out tomorrow, 50 and sunny (in Syracuse???), and it's only March 10th! Anyway, need to be real careful about sand, etc., on the roads but with a little extra care, should be a great time! :motorcycl

·
Bandito
160 Posts
High of 65 today! My bike is still down, gotta get turn signals to get it passed MD inspection, all I hear is bikes going by on rt 50 heading to the beach, really making me work on my bike harder to get it done!

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Breaking down and taking mine out tomorrow, 50 and sunny (in Syracuse???), and it's only March 10th! Anyway, need to be real careful about sand, etc., on the roads but with a little extra care, should be a great time! :motorcycl
NICE!!!!! Careful out there but have a blast man! If your roads are anything like mine, watch out for gigantic pot holes too...

·
256 Posts
NICE!!!!! Careful out there but have a blast man! If your roads are anything like mine, watch out for gigantic pot holes too...
:motorcycl Rode into work today. AWESOME!! :pepper: Potholes noted and avoided. Took it real easy as my skills need to be warmed up in addition to road hazard avoidance. Still it felt great! :rockon: Looks like a loooonng lunch break today..... ;)

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:motorcycl Rode into work today. AWESOME!! :pepper: Potholes noted and avoided. Took it real easy as my skills need to be warmed up in addition to road hazard avoidance. Still it felt great! :rockon: Looks like a loooonng lunch break today..... ;)
Ha ha haaaaaaa!! I do the EXACT same thing!!! Welcome back to 2 wheels bro! :motorcycl

·
256 Posts
Ha ha haaaaaaa!! I do the EXACT same thing!!! Welcome back to 2 wheels bro! :motorcycl
Thanks LP! It was really fun yesterday. Might rain today but still warm, finally decided not to take it. Rain and 50 degrees makes it a little rough. Good news is that warmer weather is on it's way as we get farther into the calendar. Nice to get a riding fix so early in the season..... :rockon:

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Couldn't agree more. Shake off some of the winter rustiness, get the bike's blood pumpin' again, wind in your face - all good stuff. Lookin' forward to spring...

·
256 Posts
^ Couldn't agree more. Shake off some of the winter rustiness, get the bike's blood pumpin' again, wind in your face - all good stuff. Lookin' forward to spring...
Hey LP - Sure hope you were able to get out last weekend. The weather was awsome and the riding was great! :pepper: Rode over three hours straight on both Sat and Sun. :motorcycl Not sure this weekend is going to cooperate but hopefully a few more hours on Sat. So far everything is running as it should so it's really been fun to cruise around again. Even the Darksiders have been waving back (!!!) if you can believe that. They must be excited to get out again like the rest of us. Sure nice to be riding instead of fixing some more. Anyway, hope you've been able to get some hours in as well. Enjoy! :beerchug:

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ Yeah was able to get some hours in, if by some you mean 4 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. Sunday was something else entirely. I rode the bike to the airport (bout and hour away) and flew for the first time this season with the helicopter's doors off rockin' just a t-shirt! First 'doors off day' of the season is always a really good one. I land and hop back on the bike. For some reason the hour ride home took me 2. ;) I get home and all my neighbors were out back cookin' out. Everything was already done so all I had to do was house a burger and crack a beer. Best day I've had in a looooooong time. :D

This weekend doesn't look too bad - 50 and sunny on Saturday then 60 and sunny on Sunday. I'll definitely be out...

·
256 Posts
^ Yeah was able to get some hours in, if by some you mean 4 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. Sunday was something else entirely. I rode the bike to the airport (bout and hour away) and flew for the first time this season with the helicopter's doors off rockin' just a t-shirt! First 'doors off day' of the season is always a really good one. I land and hop back on the bike. For some reason the hour ride home took me 2. ;) I get home and all my neighbors were out back cookin' out. Everything was already done so all I had to do was house a burger and crack a beer. Best day I've had in a looooooong time. :D

This weekend doesn't look too bad - 50 and sunny on Saturday then 60 and sunny on Sunday. I'll definitely be out...
Sure sounds rough! I had a good time just reading about it! Anyway, glad you got the doors off, whole different feeling when flying that way. I've ridden in various Navy choppers that way over woods, desert and open water and love it. Some Jeep cagers can relate in the difference to some extent.

As far as the 2hrs home, don't worry about it. Rotorheads get lost all the time. ;) Enjoy your rides this weekend!

·
Registered
411 Posts
After a "winter" of nothing but rain and snow down here in TX, I can send encouraging words to both of you - the good weather is on its way. Have done a couple of rides at 70 degrees so far this week and am lovin' life (the new tires and clutch play a big part in it). Still, having spent a *lot* of time in Syracuse, NY, I can fully understand the jones you're feelin' for the warmer weather to get there. Take heart, my friends - it's coming! Glad that both of you could get out and about in recent days...

--FA

·
256 Posts
After a "winter" of nothing but rain and snow down here in TX, I can send encouraging words to both of you - the good weather is on its way. Have done a couple of rides at 70 degrees so far this week and am lovin' life (the new tires and clutch play a big part in it). Still, having spent a *lot* of time in Syracuse, NY, I can fully understand the jones you're feelin' for the warmer weather to get there. Take heart, my friends - it's coming! Glad that both of you could get out and about in recent days...

--FA
Hey FA - so what brought you to the great white north? TX is quite a ways from Syracuse. You guys got pretty hammered down there this year so glad to hear it's finally warming up and drying out down there. Overall, we had it pretty easy just reaching average snowfall due to a couple late storms earlier this month.

Anyway, send all the warm weather you can!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
RSawyer, I am in Gouverneur, NY...Hopefully I can get my bike up this season B4 moving back to Colorado. would love to get together for a ride. All my riding buddies are moving to Texas this year...

·
256 Posts
RSawyer, I am in Gouverneur, NY...Hopefully I can get my bike up this season B4 moving back to Colorado. would love to get together for a ride. All my riding buddies are moving to Texas this year...
Slim - Been to Gouverneur plenty of times (but never on my VN750). Mine is a full-up round for the foreseeable future so if you can get yours workin' halfway decent, let me know. I'm Navy but I will be willing to slum it for a day if you want to ride. Send me a note and let me know what weekend may work for you. As long as its above 45 or so and somewhat sunny, I'll make it work. :motorcycl

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey FA - so what brought you to the great white north? TX is quite a ways from Syracuse. You guys got pretty hammered down there this year so glad to hear it's finally warming up and drying out down there. Overall, we had it pretty easy just reaching average snowfall due to a couple late storms earlier this month.

Anyway, send all the warm weather you can!
It's actually a more accurate question to ask what brought me down south of the Red river. I wasn't born in Syracuse, but grew up in the Syracuse suburbs. I was rooting for the Orange (still the Orangemen, when I was living there) in the Tournament this year but, of course, we know how *that* turned out. I was still living there when they *built* the Carrier Dome. Played a lot of hockey up in Syracuse...

Yeah, we got pretty well hammered with winter down here. Obviously, "hammered" is a geographically relative term. I recall driving home not even being able to tell where the *road* was during a blizzard in Syracuse, so anything that we get down here has to be measured up to that for real relevance (and nothing we got down here comes close to that), but when you don't have plows and seriously think that sand is an effective remedy for ice (instead of, say, *salt*), weather that would make the average Syracusan yawn becomes perilous here. That, and the number of idiots who think that 4 wheel drive is the cure-all for ice on bridges. Those people have to be disabused of that notion one tow truck at a time...

Supposed to be 70+ all week down here (with a couple of days in the 80s). It'll be windy, but should be a blast on the bike. I think that I'll finally be able to take the thermal liner out of my riding jacket. Eventually, the nice riding weather passes over us and heads to you. Then we get 105 degrees to ride in...

--FA

1 - 20 of 44 Posts