Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked these highway pegs up from ebay and was wondering if anyone here recognizes them? I'd love to know if someone here actually fabbed these up and would like to let them know that they are continuing on and have found a new home.

Attachments

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I've never seen em here in seven years but could have missed em. I would have KILLED for those back in the day. Looks super comfy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never seen em here in seven years but could have missed em. I would have KILLED for those back in the day. Looks super comfy.
The test fit felt AMAZING! Right now they're back off the bike and I'm painting them. The "Goldwing" has been covered over with JB putty and painted. For now. I have a friend that's going to twist some railroad spikes and weld them on in place of the shiny parts. It'll look great when done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never seen them before. But I'd guess they were fabbed up by one of the previous owners....who could weld.

Making highway bars for this bike isn't hard.
I agree KM. As a matter of fact I was all set to use your design and stumbled across these on eBay. I don't know what it is about them but I just really like them. I saw them once before and didn't have the money to blow on them and decided that I would just go the route that you had taken in the spring. But then, months later, I saw these again and actually had a little mad money so I threw an offer out there and ended up getting them.

Probably the next mod that I do will be making a set of your floorboards, KM. I just have not found anyone in my area that carries aluminum that thick. I'm gonna have to go to a local machine shop or something like that.

BTW, these also came with all four OEM pegs, so if anyone needs some, let me know. If I still have them in the spring I might try some silly paint/mod stuff that I have in mind.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW...my floorboard layout says to use 5/16" aluminum. I used 3/8" as it was easier to find.
You can sometimes find useable metal at a scrapyard. Also look for "metal fabrication" and metal recycling in your area. Some welding shops have aluminum plate too...
Believe me, I've researched it quite a bit and have noted that you have said that. I have been looking for either size but have so far come up short in the area that I live. I haven't really looked THAT hard yet, but I'm sure I'll find what I need eventually. I'm the type of guy that considers everything, researches, and plans out far ahead of doing anything like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts