Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Been out makin money baby.:rockon: Cracked flex plate, 99 dodge caravan 3.3 ltr 5 hours book time,
charge em 6.
So it took you the 2 months you have been gone to to do it? :doh: LOL

02-05-09 was your last post until recently, I have done those flex plates and they don't take that long.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
All that crap, and you bought the blackwalls anyway? LOL!

This thread is a hoot!

(psst Lance, maybe the guy was doing some other stuff too? Just sayin...) ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So it took you the 2 months you have been gone to to do it? :doh: LOL

02-05-09 was your last post until recently, I have done those flex plates and they don't take that long.
I thought you meant, what was was i doing last night:smiley_th

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
I wonder how hard it is to keep the side walls white. Over time they must get kinda grimy right?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Did I hear someone mention whitewall tires on a white bike? lol - Retro - That's exactly what I'm looking for. And a nice big front touring fender.. I think it's kind of cool how we all have our own "look" that we're going for. By the way, my helmet is black and I don't wear white shoes...... yet :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
I wonder how hard it is to keep the side walls white. Over time they must get kinda grimy right?
ahh brilo pads, that what my pops always used on our old caprice classic. but that was only when my mom would curb the tires. so unless you plan on curbing your bike that shouldn't be a problem

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I don't have white walls but used to on autos and there are several cleaners out there like Bleach White and like the regular cleaners (no shine stuff) you use on black walls will usually work... If they are really dirty spray them down with the cleaner and use a fairly stiff brush, they will surprise you at how clean and bright they will be...
One thing that might be worth mentioning is to NOT Armorall them as when you lay it over in a curve, you may lay on the pavement...lol... No slicky, slicky stuff on a cycle tire...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
411 Posts
One thing that might be worth mentioning is to NOT Armorall them as when you lay it over in a curve, you may lay on the pavement...lol... No slicky, slicky stuff on a cycle tire...
I watched an accident reconstruction on television once where a biker did exactly that. He Armor-All'd his tires and then went out for a ride. As he laid it over around a right-hand sweeper, he low-sided into oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, the oncoming traffic happened to be an 18-wheeler. Neither he, nor the bike, survived.

--FA

·
'85 Bobber
98 Posts
Avon makes the white wall tires. Go to google and click on the shopping tab. Usually you can type in the size and style your looking for and find who has them for what price.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i bought my dunlop white wall on ebay and my avon venum from debrix online. i have enjoyed them both. you can see them on my sig

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Not a ladies bike Old Dog, just a `50s or `60s old school looking cruiser.:motorcycl
Awww, come on now fellers, can't you tell when someone is just joking...
Shucks I was makin blackwalls out of whitewalls myself back in the 50s & 60s, and no I didn't haul shine, just liked to run fast and hit the curves too fast in the ole cage sometimes...lol...
Those ole wide whitewalls would get nasty lookin around the bottom...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts