Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know who is making them, Dunlop shows a rear one, but cant find a front one.
How long does the 'cruisermax' last milage compared to the 'D404'
Thanks gents.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Metzeler makes them for the rear for sure> But their catalougue had nothing for the front. The rear is the 170/80 15 at least. I have heard Maxxis makes them too, not sure about their brand quality.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Maxxis makes a good quality ATV and light truck tire but I have never ran them on a bike.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Copied from a post at Yahoo.......
I went with the Venom AM41/42 in Wide White Wall, sizes 110/90-19 front and 170/80-15 rear. Both fit very well and look great.
I haven't tried pushing them too hard yet, but they're already better than the 6 year old original tires they replaced.
The only negative so far is the availability - I had to hunt for nearly two months to get my hands on the front tire. (Although this problem only seems to be for the White Wall - the blackwall tire is available just about everywhere that carries Avons.)
And here is a photo shopped idea I made of what it might look like....

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
And here is a photo shopped idea I made of what it might look like...
Good PS job Hyper... I am just wondering about another post, and the white walls, is someone trying to make a Lady's bike out of our VN750...????
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
don't like it - looks like someone wearing a white belt and white shoes.

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
I dident ask if you liked it, i asked where to get them, read the thread before you type.
Nor was I responding directly to you, Sir.
I was merely offering an opinion, as do many others here about a great many things. Calm down there, big fella.

I hope you find them, buy them, and ride on them proudly.

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
I was planning to do the whitewall tire thing myself once I worked out painting or powder coating the wheels. Someone has a pic in the gallery of whitewall tires on red wheels, looks suuwwwweeeeeeett!

On a side note though, the whitewall tires will go nicely with my white belt and white shoes. :) (and white helmet)

·
Registered
950 Posts
It's theboy. He has a sweeet bike. I like his look alot. the wrapped pipes make it too.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Stevie D. he has the whitewalls also. he said his were maxxis from the JP catalouge.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Nor was I responding directly to you, Sir.
I was merely offering an opinion, as do many others here about a great many things. Calm down there, big fella.

I hope you find them, buy them, and ride on them proudly.

Seems to be a problem to some here.

If you start at thread I always thought anyone can pretty much say whatever they wish, as long as it sticks to the subject line. (Oh crap! I've just blown that rule here now....)

LOL

And I think white walls on a stock bike look horrid too. Turn it into a Retro looking Bobber, and it does look fine.

KM

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Good PS job Hyper... I am just wondering about another post, and the white walls, is someone trying to make a Lady's bike out of our VN750...????
Have a good one...Old Dog...
Not a ladies bike Old Dog, just a `50s or `60s old school looking cruiser.:motorcycl

·
Registered
707 Posts
I was planning to do the whitewall tire thing myself once I worked out painting or powder coating the wheels. Someone has a pic in the gallery of whitewall tires on red wheels, looks suuwwwweeeeeeett!

On a side note though, the whitewall tires will go nicely with my white belt and white shoes. :) (and white helmet)
you mean this guy??

as km said retro bobber looks awesome.... normal vn 750 looks terrible to me.... again to each his own.... maybe if you did an all white paint job id like it but i dont think it looks right on my bike....

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Seems to be a problem to some here.

If you start at thread I always thought anyone can pretty much say whatever they wish, as long as it sticks to the subject line. (Oh crap! I've just blown that rule here now....)

LOL

And I think white walls on a stock bike look horrid too. Turn it into a Retro looking Bobber, and it does look fine.

KM

I like a horrid bike, so where's the tires???????

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I took a chill pill, It seems like most white walls are for spoked rims and 16 inch or larger.
After researching it around here, it seems like it's GAY to have whitewalls on a Vulcan.
I thought it would look cool, with my walmart bags duck taped to my boots for wet riding, unique!
It was just a thought though, worth looking into, so standard black tires it is.
Just bought a Dunlop cruisermax, hope it lasts 10,000 miles like the Bridgestones do.
They are on Ebay for $46.00 brand new if you dont mind a 140/90/15.
Thanks gents .

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
It seems like most white walls are for spoked rims and 16 inch or larger.
After researching it, it seems like it's GAY to have whitewalls on a Vulcan.
It was just a thought though, worth looking into, so standard black tires it is.
Just bought a Dunlop cruisermax, hope it lasts 10,000 miles like the Bridgestones do.
Thanks gents .
Your BACK!! Again. :doh: lol Where have you been?:carryflag

1 - 20 of 35 Posts