Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vulcan Bobber
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somobody know which Brand of tire come with white letters on the tire???

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
Expert Advice Giver
152 Posts
Bridgestone and Dunlop

I have had the BRIDGESTONE SPITFIRE S11 on front and rear for a couple of years , but my replacement rear tire is on backorder and I have been told they are being discontinued :( I have had a couple of sets of the DUNLOP K491 ELITE II also. I am looking for a new set and will post it here if I find something.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ditto on the Dunlop tires. Mine had the matching "Dunlop Qualifiers" on it with raised white letters when I first bought it. I noticed that J.C. Whittney sells them. Most good bike shops should be able to get them for ya also.

·
Expert Advice Giver
152 Posts
I finally gave up and bought Spitfire S11's. They are raised white letter and all that. Curious as to what service life Metzelers give and if anyone has found any other raised white letter tire.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I'm at roughly 10k miles on my metzlers, expect another couple thou out of em (though I may replace em soon anyways because they're starting to look a tad checked due to heat cycles). Funny thing is front has more tread (2-5k left?)but is more checked, rear is probably 2k-3k from "needing replacement" but has almost no checking...

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I finally gave up and bought Spitfire S11's. They are raised white letter and all that. Curious as to what service life Metzelers give and if anyone has found any other raised white letter tire.
I have the Dunlop Elite II's, Raised White Letter, front & rear, but they too have been dicontinued. I got the last rear a local shop was getting.

I believe the Elite III's have them, and I thought about getting them, but I don't personally like the tread pattern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts