Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a mustang two up seat and Cobra floorboards. Which would make long rides easier? Plan on both eventually but can only afford one now.

This is for the shadow, not the Vulcan.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Seat. Floorboards aren't high up on my list of items I want. A good seat does a lot for your back and butt. It can even help with your legs too.

·
2,527 Posts
Seat is a must!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I am going the opposite direction,I prefer having floorboards on any type of cruiser, being able to change foot position can do as much for you butt as some seats will. JMO

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I ditto Denny....floorboards for really long trips....ya can always add a cheap gelpad ir faux sheepshin pad to an existing seat...but when the arch of yer foot is diggin into a skinny peg fer hours, it gets painful....

Pressure on the arches of yer feet is actually a form of torture in some southeast asian countries...

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
On longer rides, even with the aftermarket air pad on the seat, my rump is what hurts, to heck with the pegs, get the seat.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I agree with Slim....get the seat and make your own floorboards.
Knifemaker has a signature with a link to his design...easy to make and non-permanent if you don't love it.

I sold mine, now I wish I still had them....so I plan on making my own to replace them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I rode my 750 to tenn. twice from Michigan , and both times , the thing that got me the most was the seat. The further I rode , the more often I had to stop and take a brake because my but was sore .I started out planning on stopping every 100 miles. then it was 80, then 60. so I would defiantly go for the seat on this one .and yes , try and make your own floorboards if you can ,

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
This is for his shadow, not the Vulcan. I dunno how hard it would be to make a set of floorboards for it, but we can look into it.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both are out. Just bought a set of white walls for the shadow. They look nice on these bikes. Would love to make some floor boards. Have the aluminum already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts