Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I didn't get an Owner's Manual I need some sort of Service
Manual for my VN750, 06'. The Kawasaki internet site doesn't have
any Shop Service Manuals for the 06's yet apparently.

How much is the Official Kawasaki Shop Manual about?

Between the other two Manuals which do you prefer and why?

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Dan, you just saved me about eighty bucks or more from my
shystser dealer's price. The manual online is not up to the present year
but because the bike has only changed very, very little over the past
22 years it should be excellent.

Don't really want to have to print out 2365 Pages or so, hope the manual
stays online and is never deleted ? ?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
The manual you downloaded is the service manual and individual parts manuals for each year through 200x (don't remember x)... the real service manual has much less pages.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the explanation of the 2364 pages. I can copy only
the pages needed, it will save a lot of time.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just received my Haynes Kawasaki Service and Repair Manual for
Vulcan 700/750 & 800 1985-2004. It is hard bound, much larger than
Clymer, very clear and in focus photos, some color photos.

Have heard that the smaller Clymer manual cover's lubricating the
shaft drive - splines. Couldn't find any info about the pet-cock valve
in my new manual. So I might buy a Clymer Manual or just use the
Kaw Service Manual online for additional info that isn't covered by
Haynes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Your're welcome NORSSMAN,

You could download the file and save it on your computer. Since it's a PDF file it takes less than 1 megabyte of space. That's what I did. I do refer to parts of the manual sometimes, even though it's a little tricky trying to find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What I just said about downloading the Service Manual was incorrect. All I had actually done was saved the link. I know very little about this computer stuff so, excuse me.
dan

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
norsseman said:
Since I didn't get an Owner's Manual I need some sort of Service
Manual for my VN750, 06'. The Kawasaki internet site doesn't have
any Shop Service Manuals for the 06's yet apparently.
How much is the Official Kawasaki Shop Manual about?
Between the other two Manuals which do you prefer and why?

I use both, the Clymer and the Kaw shop manual - usually side by side. Together, they make one damn fine manual... What one is fuzzy about, the other will usually make up for.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I used both the Clymer and Kaw manual. I agree with bulldog. Together they make one fine manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Norsseman and Dan,
If you're like me and looking for a reference manual on the cheap, just right-click the pdf fiel and select 'save as' - name it what you like as long as you keep the .pdf file extension. you can save the pdf file wherever you like. I put a folder in 'my documents' dedicated to vn750 info that I come across on the web. I print out pages of the manual as I need them - works as a great little reference guide.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not beatin ya up or anything Dan :) But the just because something is PDF format does not mean it's size is limited to 1MB. If you actually look at the file size for that PDF manual, you'll notice it is about 112MB in size.
I agree it's a bit difficult to use, but hey, it's free!

Dan said:
Your're welcome NORSSMAN,

You could download the file and save it on your computer. Since it's a PDF file it takes less than 1 megabyte of space. That's what I did. I do refer to parts of the manual sometimes, even though it's a little tricky trying to find what you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I have all three, but found the Haynes manual to be the least useful. It combines the 700/750 and the 800, so you have to do a bit of searching to determine which illustrations apply to our bike. Generally the pics are a lot clearer than Clymer's, but it's almost more work than it's worth.

I second Bulldog on this one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Manual

I just received CD of a 750 manual that I purchased on ebay. ( 8 bucks) The manual link listed here by "Dan" and the one I received only goes up to the A13 model. I have a "99 and it's a A15 model. Just want to make sure this is OK to use as a reference. Are the parts/numbers the same? What would be missing, if anything? And when refrenceing should I use the A13 model? Thanks for any help offered.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just received a CD of a 750 manual that I purchased on ebay. ( 8 bucks) The manual like listed here by "Dan" and the one I received only goes up to A13 model. I have a "99 and it's a A15 model. Just want to make sure this is OK to use as a reference, Are the parts/numbers the same? What would be missing, if anything? And when refrencing should I use the A13 model? Thanks for any help offered.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Whoa dude... why the same post twice in an hour? Most people aren't up yet ;-)

But the manual ya purchased will work fine. I don't remember what differences (if any) there are in the 99 model vs the earlier ones, but the differences between models negligible even with the early models (I.E. the 1985 VN700). Most differences are cosmetic. If ya do a search you can find a list of differences between models.

For future reference, the manual you purchased (assuming it's the kawasaki service manual) is available for free download at http://www.tocmanufacturing.com/Products.htm -just look for " Link to VN700/750 Service Manual in PDF format (WARNING 117MEG file) click here"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure. The reason I purchased was not to take up all that space on my PC. By the way, do you happen to know of a good parts catalog? The service one I received doesn't list any parts/numbers for replacements. I know there is a website though Kawi but I was looking into something hard copy I could have for the reference library.
Thanks

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
The free one from TOC that Curtis mentioned and linked to also has a complete parts list with it.
Or, you could check out Ron Ayers website. He has a complete micro fiche with all part numbers and prices.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts