Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aro6559
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im stuck deciding which radio to install on my bike i love my music on my iphone so im stuck between these two systems..and btw im rebuilding my entire engine which is almost done..and btw ill be installing a new stator, battery, and rectifier as well..

System number 1 (shark 600watt system):

http://bit.ly/12xe9nQ

System number 2 (rumble road speakers):

http://bit.ly/130YDog

:BLAM:

Does anyone havr experience with either one of these systems..i would like to know the pros and cons of them installed on the vn750..im already freeing up a lot of stress on my bikes electrical system by converting to almost 100% led lighting..even in the gauge cluster has been converted..and ill be running a HID headlamp system as well instead of the halogen bulb..

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
First off if you haven't heard it before. Carefully with overloading the electrical system on this bike.
There's not much extra to play with.

Now, with that aside. I don't know anything about the rumble road but I do know the shark have a good sound & for the price difference I'd go shark!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I don't have any advice to give you but I am curious how/where everything would install on the bike.

·
Aro6559
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@knuck69- yea im fairly aware of the electrical issue with our bikes thats why during my rebuild im going to replace all the chargin system components and try to swap out most of my exterior lamps with LEDS and go HID for my headlamp..i hope that will free up some drain on the charging system and allow room for the radio in the electrical circuit..any other tips would be greatly appreciated..

And @ eusjma- the speakers will either go on the front forks or handle bars and my iphone will be mounted to either my gas tank bra or handlebar triple tree clamp..as far as the amp im not sure yet because i dont know how big or small each one is so i cant plan that part out yet until the system gets here, either way ill find a good home for each component..

·
Aro6559
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@knifemaker- im cool on the earbuds, not a fan of things in my ears unless there comfortable like my "beats by dr.dre" headphones..i like to hear my music in front of me ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a set of speakers that mount to the handlebars and just plugs right into your iphone for $50 at a Mickey Shorr next to my house. They say they are 300w, but I go about 75 and can hear them pretty clear. To mount my iPhone, I have the Otterbox defender case that came with a belt clip. I put velcro on the clip and put the clip in between the handlebars. I've rode about 1500 miles with this set up and love it. My iphone is secure on it as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
@knifemaker- im cool on the earbuds, not a fan of things in my ears unless there comfortable like my "beats by dr.dre" headphones..i like to hear my music in front of me ;)
I like to hear my music with my ears. The Eytomic? earbuds I have also have the advantage of cutting wind noise too, so I don't have to turn up the volume as high....so not damaging my hearing any more.

I plan on picking up a Sena Bluetooth unit so I can not only listen to music, but hear directions from my GPS, pick up calls from my phone, and talk to my passenger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts