Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm putting in progressive-wound fork springs and I'm not finding any directions in the box. But I remember reading somewhere - either here or in the directions before I lost them - that the springs should be oriented with the tightly-wound or loosely-wound end at the top to minimize noise.

Does anyone know which way to install the springs?

Thanks! Mark

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I believe the tight wound end goes down.
Might want to wait for someone else to post to be sure though.

EDIT: I also believe I seem to be wrong, as Bulldog's how-to page should be just what you need.
Although I don't think the direction has anything to do with noise, as much as in how they perform

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Mark said:
Hi all. I'm putting in progressive-wound fork springs and I'm not finding any directions in the box. But I remember reading somewhere - either here or in the directions before I lost them - that the springs should be oriented with the tightly-wound or loosely-wound end at the top to minimize noise.
Does anyone know which way to install the springs?
Thanks! Mark
See http://www.bulldogsbike.com/forkseals.htm

The tighter would side goes to the top of the forks.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Bulldog! This mod is inexpensive and an easy DIY job.

I'm putting in 10W oil. I drained 350ml out of 1 fork leg which seemed to be too much, and about 330ml out of the other. The manual says use 310ml for an oil change. So I'm a little confused on how much oil I'm going to put back in. Perhaps I should measure the oil height instead of volume?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts