Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the center stand on my VN750 even though sometimes it doesn't give me quite the height that I need (like when pulling the rear wheel). I also have an 1100 Shadow that does not have a center stand. Does anyone know where I can get a good jack?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I know for the vulcan, alot of us simply put a piece of wood under the stand to give it more lift. Other than that, I would try harbor freight. There pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I picked mine up at Schucks auto stores. Sold as motorcycle/ATV lift for $49.

DT

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've got a craftsman lift I bought from a buddy of mine. It works good. I don't know what they go for new but I've been happy with it.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I use a lift similar to this one....

Got it at Kmart, on clearance for less than $30.
With a jack or whatever kind of support you use, you should make sure to somehow secure the bike from tipping over.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,681 Posts
Holy smokes! Check out the vid of this thing in action: http://www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/ManualLift1.m1v
there's no need for me to watch the vid, i saw it in action in person at the bike show the other weekend. it was just mind blowing! not only did they jack the bike up with no tie downs on it but one guy got up and sat on the bike and the other guy wheeled the jack around with the guy sitting on the back of the bike while it was jacked all the way up (25").

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow you guys are great :) Thanks for the response. That pit bull jack is really quite a jack. Now all I need to do is convince myself that I need one. Thanks again.

·
Lebanon, NJ
437 Posts
there's no need for me to watch the vid, i saw it in action in person at the bike show the other weekend. it was just mind blowing! not only did they jack the bike up with no tie downs on it but one guy got up and sat on the bike and the other guy wheeled the jack around with the guy sitting on the back of the bike while it was jacked all the way up (25").
How'd it look on the way down?

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
this is the best money will buy! made right here in the U.S.A.! trust me this jack is great!
www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com
I've seen these guys demonstrate their product at the Chicagoland Motorcycle Expo. They put the bike on the lift, jack it up and hop (and I really mean HOP) up on the bike and screw around on it while it is in the air. Total trust in that, have they... I would be afraid of knocking the Harley they use over and having the 800 lb beast fall on me, but they just climb up and all over it. Great product but I cannot justify the price.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I'll take the minor safety hit and secure the bike to the stand rather than fork over $600+. Bring the cost down to $200 or so and I'll consider it. I don't use a stand that much to justify the cost. Now, if I ran a repair shop, it might be a different story, but to use something like this once every 2 years or so just isn't worth it.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was looking through the site and there are bunches of configurations for the jack depending on the motorcycle that you have. I have a VN750 and Shadow 1100 Sabre and neither are listed. Anyone know what combination of adapters you need?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
If you happen to have a couple hundred extra bucks sitting in your pocket, HERE is an all too simple lift for WAY too much money!
(and, at most, it might give 5-6 inches of lift)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts