Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have determined that my stator needs to be replaced. OLHOSSCANADA tells me to check the voltage between the yellow wires should be 50-70 VAC. I get me a wopping 5-7 VAC @3000 RPM. The manual i got from JD tells me to check the resistance betwenn the yellow wires. that also fails. Now the kawasaki dealer wants over $400 for a Kawasaki OEM part. Give me a break !!!
I found a website called RMSTATOR they want $119.00 however they are in canada and i read some bad reviews. Where can i get a quality stator at a reasonable price?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
take your old one out and send it to tim parrot enterprise for a rewind. he is a member here and someone will chime in soon with a link to him, if not I will after I eat!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
or their are stator's on ebay. pretty cheap too!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Tim is the way to go.. you have to wait a bit for it but its worth it..way better output and lasts way longer.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
A member bought a (Ricks) stator on ebay and it went out after around 167 miles IIRC. Get the better, rebuilt one from Tim Perrot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can I get a TP stator without sending in my old one first? I kinda have to schedule my dad to do the wrench work for me and he's a busy guy. wants to do it in one sitting.

Tim if you read this or maybe someone else would know if you could charge like a core fee or something.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Can I get a TP stator without sending in my old one first? I kinda have to schedule my dad to do the wrench work for me and he's a busy guy. wants to do it in one sitting.

Tim if you read this or maybe someone else would know if you could charge like a core fee or something.

Thanks!
I`m sure Tim will ship you a stator if he has spare cores on hand to rewind first, and if you pay a core charge up front. He used to trust guys to sent him their old OEM cores, without a core charge, but got burned too many times with them not returning the cores or sending cheap aftermarket cores or broken ones that can`t be rewound.

Email him from the ebay site.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/motorcycle-stators-rebuild-service_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem29ff9dc1a1QQitemZ180382187937QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1 - 10 of 10 Posts