Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 85 VN700 Needs a new regulator. What is the best one to buy ? Should I go with OEM or is there an aftermarket that is better ?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
If you look on Ebay for a Ninja 600 they use the same R/R and cheeper.
I got a spair one for $9

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes! I also use a Ninja R/R. Works fine and a hell of a lot cheaper than Vulcan part.

Someone suggested using the cross reference tool on Ron Ayers to list the compatible models for any Vulcan part number. Buy any of those equivalent parts.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
The Ninja 600 and the VN7XX use the same regulator. I've heard about the cheaper ones on ebay but I guess my timing is bad because I have yet to see one any cheaper than Rick's or Electrosport or OEM that I would trust. You can find used R/R's for the Vulcan on ebay as well but I really have a hard time trusting someone else's parted out electrical equipment, especially the R/R.

The aftermarket R/Rs are supposed to be better, and they are cheaper than OEM. Rick's run around 105 plus shipping. Electrosport's run 99 plus shipping.

The OEM at Ron Ayers runs 94.53 plus shipping so I take back what I said about OEM being cheaper. Their price for the Ninja 600 R/R is the same.

The choice is yours.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bikebandit.com has both the OEM and an aftermarket. I think the aftermarket is around $90. I put an aftermarket on my bike from them last year and have not had any issues.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts