Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, of course I did the usual ebay, amazon & google search & $10 is the cheapest (US Seller) I can find. Does any one know of a cheaper one yet or is this what I'm going to pay. Totally just currious.

Damb things are $1.99 from china but you have to wait about a month to get them.:doh:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Have you checked your local auto parts stores?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked your local auto parts stores?
ltms Of course. A couple of the guy's had no clue what I was asking for & tried to direct me to standard ones. Dorks! lol Their load equalizers were rediculously priced as well concidering you need one for each bulb.

Relay is plug n' play. That's the way uh huh, uh huh, I like it uh huh, uh huh.

lol Sorry, it was in my head.,

·
Registered
77 Posts
ltms Of course. A couple of the guy's had no clue what I was asking for & tried to direct me to standard ones. Dorks! lol Their load equalizers were rediculously priced as well concidering you need one for each bulb.

Relay is plug n' play. That's the way uh huh, uh huh, I like it uh huh, uh huh.

lol Sorry, it was in my head.,
Kanuck: couple of things.

First: I added load equalizers and it only takes one per side. I believe they were $5 at radio shack. 1ohm 50 watt.

Second: I ordered a couple of items from ebay, last was the gauge cluster I recently posted about. It actually took only 8 days to get in. They are very quick to ship their items and they typically send them express mail.

If you still want the LED relay, sorry I can't help you with that but hope someone will soon.

Good luck

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you are referring to the blinker/flasher relay, then most, if not every, auto, rv and trucking supply store will carry them. Look for a NO LOAD, electronic flasher relay with the same plug configuration as the OEM thermal flasher. They usually run approx. $9-$12.

p.s. DO NOT add thermal resisters to the circuit. That just defeats the purpose of using LED's in the first place. Just replace the flasher with a NO LOAD equivalent.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you are referring to the blinker/flasher relay, then most, if not every, auto, rv and trucking supply store will carry them. Look for a NO LOAD, electronic flasher relay with the same plug configuration as the OEM thermal flasher. They usually run approx. $9-$12.

p.s. DO NOT add thermal resisters to the circuit. That just defeats the purpose of using LED's in the first place. Just replace the flasher with a NO LOAD equivalent.
Cglennon: from my perspective, LED lighting is brighter for others to see you. I side beneift (small IMO) is the reduced load to the electrical circuit. others will most likely disagree but that's why we live in the USA. Agree to disagree.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's pretty much the conclusion I came to last night. So many of the sites I was browsing looking for answers on gave to technical of answers to dirive the conclusion I needed.

So, I just need to make a trip to the stores & don't rely on the moron on the other end of the phone. I guess that makes me the dork! lol I knew better than to trust them. lol:doh:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Cglennon: from my perspective, LED lighting is brighter for others to see you. I side beneift (small IMO) is the reduced load to the electrical circuit. others will most likely disagree but that's why we live in the USA. Agree to disagree.
Absolutely agree that LEDs are brighter and better than incandescent bulbs. I have converted all 4 turn signals, brake/running and license plate to LEDs. Even added a second LED brake to the back of the sissy bar. I receive positive comments on their visibility all the time.

Also, converting all 4 turn signals to LED saves about 100-ish watts of power. I think that is a pretty decent savings, give the VN750's limited (and fickle) power generation capabilities.

What I do not understand the suggestion of spending $10 for thermal resisters, that consume and waste power, have to be spliced into the circuit and add absolutely no electrical value, rather than $10 for a plug-n-play electronic flasher relay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts