Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've got the carbs off and in the process of cleaning, and the only jet kit I can find is the factory supersport kit. I currently have shaved ears, V&H's, and the bike is coastered and I suppose I'll be needing the 40/42 pilots and 142/140 mains set up. Where can I order these or is it possible to pick them up at the local kawa dealer? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Jon sent me to the same place and they are great!!!

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
How long did it take you guys to get your order from them? I ordered mine from Kawi (this would be the second time) and somehow only one set got delivered. AND they ordered the wrong size for the main. I ordered 40 / 140 and they got in one set of 40/138. So I ordered last night from these guys. BTW - for everyone else - if the order ends up being the right parts, I'll post their specific stock number. I had a helluva time figuring out what part I needed since the numbers they use are not the same as the ones for other sites.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If I remember it was just a few days.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The 42 pilot is the same as the stock pilot on the 1500A; Kaw part # is 92064-1135; #40 is 92064-1136. The 140 main is 92063-1013; haven't been able to find a 142 main with a Kaw part #.

hth

Jim

·
Registered
115 Posts
your local kaw dealer usually has a jet box and should have it for ya.. and can order them..

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Yeah - those guys. I love em and hate em. The first time they gave me way wrong jets. The second time they said tuesday but they didn't come till today. Today I go and they only have 3/4 - 2 pilots and 1 main and the mains are 138 not the 140's I ordered. If they didn't have such a good track record on everything else I'd have already gone postal. I also placed an order with the web site noted above and we'll see how long that takes. Still haven't fixed the damage from the fall.....

·
Registered
748 Posts
I love my local dealer; then again, I've usually got the part #s already in hand when I call them. Comes from 9 years in auto parts, before I started this job...

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts