Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you order jets from Sudco? Is there a minimum? Does anybody have any jets or shims they want to sell?

I live in texas and installed the Vance and Hines Cruzers, did the ear shave, and marbled the reeds. I think I am going to go with a 142 and 140 mains and the #40 slow jet (pilot, idle...) and the 2 shims on the needle.

Does that sound like a good setup?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Check with your local dealer. The may already have the jets and you would only have to buy what you need. You may have to take your old jets in so they can match the type.

The setup sounds right. When I did those mods (everything the same except cobra instead of v&h) I used 140, 40, and 2 shims.

You will also need to adjust you air/fuel mixture. I think I had mine at 2-1/2 turns.

·
Registered
748 Posts
how do you order jets from Sudco? Is there a minimum? Does anybody have any jets or shims they want to sell?

I live in texas and installed the Vance and Hines Cruzers, did the ear shave, and marbled the reeds. I think I am going to go with a 142 and 140 mains and the #40 slow jet (pilot, idle...) and the 2 shims on the needle.

Does that sound like a good setup?
Ayep. I've got 140 mains, 40 pilots, and one shim under each needle.

What part of Texas?

Jim

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the DFW area.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
I ordered from motorcyclecarbs.com after Sudco told me that the minimum order would be some ridiculous amount (I only needed a couple jets). After a week or so of waiting for the order form the web site, I went to the dealer and ordered a set from them too. They got them in within a couple days, but 2 of them were wrong. They reordered the right ones and I got those in another couple days. The following weekend I rejetted my bike. SOmetime during the week after, I got my order from that web site. So, either order from the dealer, or order them WAY before you need them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered them from Jetsrus.com and the day after i ordered they were shipped and should be here today (thats choosing the slowest shipping method)... I ordered them on Monday...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts