Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can buy float bowl and drain bowl o-rings for the carbs? Looking for somewhere I can buy them that shipping won't cost so much.

$12.50 for shipping a few o-rings seems like BS to me u_u PLUS this one website charged an extra $5 if the order was below $200... u_u

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Do you still have the old O-rings ?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old O-rings are disintegrating... why do you ask?

I did think about just looking for any o-ring at a local store that would fit, but I don't know where to look. I found an auto parts store that had a few, but not a great selection at all.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shipping from pcpmotorsports is only $5 for the 4 o-rings... not bad at all. However, the 4 o-rings with shipping comes out to $53.56... Why the hell would 4 o-rings cost that much?

I think I'm gonna look locally again before I order... o-rings at the store were about a dollar each. Probably around $2 since the float bowl o-rings are big, but I doubt they cost anywhere near 50 bucks for 4 u_u

I need to start an o-ring manufacturing plant...

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
WOW--$5 for 4 o-rings shipping, Guess they must be out of stamps!

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
Haha, unfortunately the O-ring molds will cost you between $10,000-$15,000 EACH and then you need a $200,000 press to run them on!

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
First of all, they are NOT common 0-rings like you will find at Home Depot, which are designed for water. My carbs still have their original 0-rings (and all other plastic and rubber parts, including float needle valves) after 10 years and 70,000+ miles. Probably the best way to get them is go to a dealer and have them ordered, if there is a dealer nearby. If not, the gas would cost more than the shipping. Dealers will rob you blind on bikes and service, but they have no choice but to sell parts at what they are listed for in the book. That's probably why they don't like to sell parts.

Motorcycle parts are expensive, no doubt about it. Some places you can get away with cutting corners, but that probably isn't one of them.

Just checked cheapcycleparts.com. Your prices are correct. It would be over $50 for those 4 0-rings plus shipping. They have a $5 minimum shipping charge. But think about it. These days, $5 buys about 5 qts. of gas. As for the 0-rings, they are motorcycle specific, not for plumbing.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Sorry Kelly think you missed my point. I was thinking more on the lines that 4 o-rings would fit in a regular size envelop and a mailed with a 45 cent stamp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts