Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has been addressed before. My 750 has been sitting for a year. I've replaced the battery and started riding again, but am having trouble with the bike not wanting to idle. I've turned the idle adjustment knob all the way to get the rpm up to 1100. Bike runs fine at residential/highway speeds.
I've read a lot about the pilot jet and wanted to remove/clean it to see if that would solve the issue. I'm not a mechanic and don't have any special tools, but thought I could do this if it were not too intensive.
Any help in locating and dealing with this issue is appreciated. If what I want to do is the wrong approach or too complex, knowing that before I start is also very much appreciated.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Forgive me if this has been addressed before. My 750 has been sitting for a year. I've replaced the battery and started riding again, but am having trouble with the bike not wanting to idle. I've turned the idle adjustment knob all the way to get the rpm up to 1100. Bike runs fine at residential/highway speeds.
I've read a lot about the pilot jet and wanted to remove/clean it to see if that would solve the issue. I'm not a mechanic and don't have any special tools, but thought I could do this if it were not too intensive.
Any help in locating and dealing with this issue is appreciated. If what I want to do is the wrong approach or too complex, knowing that before I start is also very much appreciated.
Search the threads....perform Wolfie's back-blow ...it is not difficult.

Also, Seafoam can be your friend !

:smiley_th

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Try some seafoam in the gas and backblowing the carbs first. Both can be found here, the backblow procedure is a sticky at the top of this section. If that doesn't work, you'll have to pull the carbs to get to the pilot jets. They are at the very bottom of the carbs inside the drain bowls.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
to answer the OP's question... the Pilot Jet is located inside the carburetor. the task of taking apart the carbs to clean them is easy in itself, getting the carbs out might be a little more frustrating. do as the previous people suggested.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
to answer the OP's question... the Pilot Jet is located inside the carburetor. the task of taking apart the carbs to clean them is easy in itself, getting the carbs out might be a little more frustrating. do as the previous people suggested.
In the carburetor?lol.almost shot beer outta my nose:beerchug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts