Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just installed a new engine and I'm reconnecting everything and ran in to a a slight problem i have 3 wires all yellow i think they run from the transmission maybe the stator the problem is i don't know how to reconnect them they're not marked i dont wanna short them or blow a fuse if anyone has a clue please help thank u in advance!

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Can you show any pics for clarification?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Hi I just installed a new engine and I'm reconnecting everything and ran in to a a slight problem i have 3 wires all yellow i think they run from the transmission maybe the stator the problem is i don't know how to reconnect them they're not marked i dont wanna short them or blow a fuse if anyone has a clue please help thank u in advance!
Three yellow wires "together" should be coming from the Stator....they are to be connected to the Regulator/Rectifier...
:smiley_th

·
4,508 Posts
The 3 yellow wires go to the stator, doesn't matter how they get connected.
True...on the Stator end.
The other end it does matter how/where they are connected.

·
Registered
326 Posts
True...on the Stator end.
The other end it does matter how/where they are connected.
Are you referring to the side that is on the wire harness?

If so those 3 wires can be mixed and matched. They are all power wires from the stator to the regulator. All three wires should be bullet connectors.

·
4,508 Posts
Are you referring to the side that is on the wire harness?

If so those 3 wires can be mixed and matched. They are all power wires from the stator to the regulator. All three wires should be bullet connectors.
Yes, this is true (on a Stock/Original Factory unaltered Stator)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes, this is true (on a Stock/Original Factory unaltered Stator)

I'm hoping he upgraded, I'm so happy having the mosfet reg and TPE stator. I never worry about the charging system now. But if not then it should be an easy plug and play.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This makes me very happy. I just replaced my entire wiring harness, and that was the only remaining question I had. Once I get my new fuse box, TPE stator, and my MOSFET in I should be good to go. Psyched

1 - 10 of 10 Posts