Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the hose nipple at the rear of the gas tank? Mine never had a hose on it. Is this just an overflow or did this connect to something? Mine was marbled before I got it so I am not sure if this was connected somewhere before they marbled. Right now my plan is to just run a hose down and let it vent. Thanks.

·
Registered
722 Posts
On mine it is run down by the battery to the bottom of the bike as a vent line. The nipple runs inside the tank up to the gas cap.Run some mech.wire up through or down through from the gas cap side and make sure it's cleaned out.Mine was plugged and caused the bike to vapor lock and stall.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Believe it is part of CA only emissions setup.

Jon

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
CA emmissions tanks have two that feed into a canister and back.
All other tanks have the single vent and yes, usually have a hose on them so the gas is vented past the hot parts on the bike.
This becomes more relaveant during the summer when hot temps and a full tank will cause a bit of overflow.
Try and park in the shade right after a fill-up!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for the info. Mine is a non-CA bike. I put a hose on it and routed it down but I think I need a little longer one to get it past all the hot parts!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just be sure that when you route the vent hose, it does not get kinked. Mine was when the bike was new and it did cause it to have a vapor lock problem and stall out. Since I rerouted the hose, no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts