Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a carb clean out and swapped a couple parts, and I’m putting everything back together, but after a long day I can’t for the life of me remember where this thing goes. Any help for the noob?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,059 Posts
I just finished a carb clean out and swapped a couple parts, and I’m putting everything back together, but after a long day I can’t for the life of me remember where this thing goes. Any help for the noob?!

The vent for the carbs. Stock, plugs into hole in the back of an air filter housing. Earshaved, tied to the frame tube under the tank or plugged onto the plastic cover for the fuel gauge sender.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vent for the carbs. Stock, plugs into hole in the back of an air filter housing. Earshaved, tied to the frame tube under the tank or plugged onto the plastic cover for the fuel gauge sender.
Just goes in the big square opening? I don’t see a specific sized hole for it. I assume it just lays in there then? Thank you, I thought so, but wasn’t adding up lol

·
Registered
10,059 Posts
Just goes in the big square opening? I don’t see a specific sized hole for it. I assume it just lays in there then? Thank you, I thought so, but wasn’t adding up lol

No, on each filter housing, on the back, there's a round hole that will accept the vent hose. End of the hose should be cut at a 45 degree angle so it's not blocked against the back of the hole. This hole is nearest to one end of the housing.

The vent has to be in dead air space, wind on the vent will cause the engine to bog out.

·
Registered
10,059 Posts
So this here? I only have this on the right side, none on the left?

Above or below the square hole, just use the one that fits snug.

The two carbs are connected with a tee into one hose, but you can use either filter housing.

·
Registered
38 Posts

That looks like it goes to your air filter. That is the vent line for your carburetors. There is a hole on the back side of the right side air cleaner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts