Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a stator put in my vn750. (I am affiliated with a dealer so the price was pretty good)

The bike is running pretty well, but has a slight hesitation at highway speeds...it is not noticeable around town at all, bike idles fine and is getting 52 MPG.

There is a vacum line hanging near the right ear of the bike.... where should it attach? or, is it a vent for something?

I got the stator put in real cheap (parts at cost plus $200 labor) so I would like to figure this out without bringing it back.

any ideas

·
Registered
881 Posts
i know the conventinal batteries have a vent hose. if you pop your seat off you can check this. there also is a crankcase vent & a coolant overflow. im not sure if the carbs have an oferflow im kinda new to the vn750 myselfe (the vets will know) best thing to do is try to trace the hose back to their origin.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Maintenance free battery. i'll check the coolant overflow

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't checked that...I'll do it tonight.......thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
That hose either connects directly to the right ear, or it runs from the carb to the clean air system under the seat (in front of the battery). The reed valve hoses go to this clean air thing as well...

I believe there is a hose from the air box that might connect to the right ear...

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
That hose most likely is a vent hose that tucks into the right ear to keep it out of the wind. Doesn't connect to anything, just sits there.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
If it is by the right ear then it is the line for the carbs. It needs to be cut at a 45 degree angle and routed through the holders in the right ear.
Tell-tale signs of this one not getting the proper air flow... Bike stutters at higher rpms.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I had a stator put in my vn750. (I am affiliated with a dealer so the price was pretty good)

The bike is running pretty well, but has a slight hesitation at highway speeds...it is not noticeable around town at all, bike idles fine and is getting 52 MPG.

There is a vacum line hanging near the right ear of the bike.... where should it attach? or, is it a vent for something?

I got the stator put in real cheap (parts at cost plus $200 labor) so I would like to figure this out without bringing it back.

any ideas
If it connects to a "T" between the two carb float bowls, it is the vent line for them. Should into round "tube" in right ear to hold it in place. Suggest cutting off end at 45 degree angle so if line bottoms out, it will not clog the tube.

Jon

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Come on guys .... lets not gang up on the poor guy!! 3 post aboutthe same thing in as many minutes? I'll go shut up now.:smiley_th:beerchug:
Tag .... who's it anyway?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the pictures (they really are worth a thousand words!)

I'll look tonight....... :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was pouring here in Boston last night so I did not look at the bike. Still pouring this morning so I guess I'll try to look at it tonight.......

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay.... I went out a lunch and found no vacum line going into the right ear..... so I placed this line in, being careful to not bottom it out. I'll see on my ride home if it is better, but I think it will be :)

thanks for all the replies........Stan

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bike runs great now!! thanks for all the replies.............

1 - 16 of 16 Posts