Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing my set of coasters, when I pulled out the air valve the fuel tank vent hose/tube came up with it, I can't find where the other end goes to, does it hook up to something or does it just hang down to vent the tank? Help please. Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine just leads down next to the battery vent tube at bottom, I think it's just a vent for the fuel tank. How much were the coasters?

Justin
2003 VN 750
26,750 miles
2nd stator/ R/R and still rollin'

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
justin said:
Mine just leads down next to the battery vent tube at bottom, I think it's just a vent for the fuel tank. How much were the coasters?

Justin
2003 VN 750
26,750 miles
2nd stator/ R/R and still rollin'
Hi Justin;
Thanks for the reply and the info. The coaster were $17.50 with shipping. I got them from Knifemaker ( Eric ) at Metric Custom Creations. They're not listed on his site yet but send him an email and he'll send you the order info. His email add; [email protected]

Here's the link.
http://www.metriccustomcreations.com

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, does it make a difference in the sound...did it backfire a lot before you installed them?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
justin said:
Sounds like a good deal, does it make a difference in the sound...did it backfire a lot before you installed them?
No backfiring at all after I adjusted the air/fuel mixture screws. It does not alter the exhaust sound at all. I initially had marbles in the hoses going to the reed valves. I decided to coaster because I didn't like the looks of the valves, looks cleaner with the coasters on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts