Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did ear surgery and need some kind of filters but it seems like the regular pods that go straight on would bump the bottom of the tank even though the filters are tapered.
I'm also wondering what carb adjustments/jetting issues I'm going to have.
Thanks for the help :)

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I did ear surgery and need some kind of filters but it seems like the regular pods that go straight on would bump the bottom of the tank even though the filters are tapered.
I'm also wondering what carb adjustments/jetting issues I'm going to have.
Thanks for the help :)
I just did the ear shave as well and installed the cone shaped filters. The left side will just barely touch the tank when the tank is reinstalled. Per a suggestion in another thread on this topic, I shimmed the rear tank mount about 1/2 inch. Now the tank clears the filter by about 1/4 inch.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Scoop is right you have to shim the rear of the tank.What do you have for exhaust??? With my set up I had to re jet to-142 mains and 42 pilots on the tjets and 2 shims under the needles.
Got the pod filters from http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/pod_filters.htm you'll need the 54mm ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have stock exhaust and don't have any plans to change that. I'm in Chicago area so I'm between 650 and 800 above sea level.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you fit a 6 inch long foamy under the tank? You should oil a foam filter and that stuff gets everywhere {current Banshee owner :motorcycl } I like the idea of a foam filter but that thing looks like it would be a mess. Can you get an outerwear for it?
I saw these on eBay... too many but it's always good to have spares :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Air-Filter-Yamaha-radian-XS650-XS1100-FJ600-54mm_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35597QQihZ014QQitemZ330162951466QQtcZphoto

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Short Socks

I found 2" foam that fit mostly under the tank. The oil on the foam is not an issue as long as you don't over do it and use the recommended brand. I usually clean them at the beginning and end of each riding season and have no problem even in the rain. I've always felt that K&N's or similar filters are way over priced. Multi colors too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts