Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife would like to be able to hold on to something other than me or the backrest when riding with me. Does anyone make some bolt on grab rails that would solve the problem?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate that Knuckles! Knifemaker's rails look really good. However, my wife wants something a little higher up. This gives me a good idea on the basic design though, which could be modified with a curved or offset bar (clockwork grinding in engineer's head). Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never could find anything ready made, so I went to a local welding shop with a sketch. I designed these to fit on the outside of the Kawasaki saddlebag supports. I had the welding shop make a couple of grab bars out of 1/2" diameter steel bar. I wanted to get them chrome plated, but the chrome plating shop was on the other side of town. A place that did nickel plating was just down the street from the welding shop and agreed to have them ready the next day. The nickel plating is not as nice as chrome, but at least they won't rust. The photos show the bars on the ground before they were plated and then mounted on the bike after nickel plating.

My wife is very happy now that she has something solid to hang on to other than me.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Fallguy,

The flag mount I got at a Harley shop near Stone Mountain, GA. I was looking for one to use for the Patriot's Ride and found this on a table full of aftermarket items they had marked down. It was a little over $ 20. It's made by Drag Specialties. Very easy to mount. It didn't come with a U.S.A. flag on this particular one. I got the flag from www.bikerflags.com for $ 7 plus S&H.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts