Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seem some neat floorboards on some of the bikes in the vn750 forums photos, Where do you all get them from? I want some!

thank you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your best bet is to contact Knifemaker. Either here or at the Yahoo VN750 Forum. The F&S Floorboards are very hard to find and expensive. The Kuryakyn boards work well for passenger but not so good for the driver.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I had a couple pieces of 3/8" aluminum about 15"x6" and after reading here decided that I was going to make my own. Not to steal anything from Knifemaker, as his floorboards are definitely nice and worth every nickle. Mine aren't as smooth and rounded on the edges, but they work. Making them was not that hard although I wasn't prepared to cut the aluminum. Tried several ways, hacksaw, dremmel, etc. but settled on a jigsaw with metal blade, and nearly a full can of wd40 to lube as I went. My edges were jagged, but my belt/disk sander smoothed it out. Like I said, mine aren't as pretty, but they are functional, look good enough for me, and I had the scrap aluminum pieces laying around. Found the rubber matting at Lowes for like $2.50 a foot.

Made me appreciate what Knifemaker is charging for his! Like I said, they're worth every nickle he's getting for them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts