Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Navy GMC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues and I haven't learned the mechanics of the bike yet. Today my horn, Tach, headlights, and tail lights went out. I noticed it after the bike started sputtering with a half a tank of gas. I looked at my Tach to check the RPM's and there were none. I am trying to learn the bike but having problems finding the fuses. Please respond if you can give me some insight. thanks

·
Navy GMC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Looking now!

·
Navy GMC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bad news is all of my fuses are good. Any one have any sugeestions on why my electricals are not working. I would think that the electricals and the sputtering are not tied together.

·
2,502 Posts
Could possibly be in the ignition switch.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I am having issues and I haven't learned the mechanics of the bike yet. Today my horn, Tach, headlights, and tail lights went out. I noticed it after the bike started sputtering with a half a tank of gas. I looked at my Tach to check the RPM's and there were none. I am trying to learn the bike but having problems finding the fuses. Please respond if you can give me some insight. thanks
Welcome to the forum gm.

The tach sensor is fed from the front ignition coil. So if the front cylinder isn`t firing reliably, it will sputter and the tach won`t work either.

I agree with shark88, solving the other problems may need the ignition switch contacts cleaned.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
It would not hurt to clean and check all your electrical connections. Put some dielectric grease on all the connections. This can solve a lot of problems now and for the future. The weather gets to them really quick even if the bike is garaged. Hope you quickly fined the problem.

·
Navy GMC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can handle the sense of humor. This bike is getting frustrating.

·
Navy GMC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any one know where I can get an inexpensive Stator and regulator. I am having them tested soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts