Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed two different vn750's while riding around Dover, one was parked and one had a rider I tried to chase down (damn traffic lights lol)
Let me know if you are out there!:smiley_th

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Philly here, but I can be in Delaware in about 4 minutes from where I live. I'm about an hour from Dover so if you know about a ride or a meet feel free to pass it on...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok will do. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
35 Posts
bgb708 - have you ever ridden rt. 9? It looks like it might be a nice little ride from a map, but I've only ridden a very small section of it around DE City...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes... It is a nice ride out there. The POW/MIA run out of Dover AFB uses rt 9 for their run. Check it out sometime if you get a chance!

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
A buddy of mine I ride with all the time lives in Wilmington. Its a nice ride from Philly to his place along 495, its right on the river.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I grew up in Altoona, a 'big' road was a 3 lane highway...I avoid 95 & 495 like the plague. I'm fine driving them in a car, had to do so everyday for 8 yrs, but have no interest on taking the bike on them. Too many idiots...

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Fair enough, we usually ride on weekends to keep the 'idiot factor' down. 95 and 495 are really just a means to an end. I swear everyone on 495 thinks the speed limit is 100...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Saw a maroon & black vulcan on Route 4 this morning @ the light in front of Christiana Hospital (turning left into the office complex) - I yelled 'nice bike' as I rode by on mine... Anyone on here? VOiP, maybe?

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Where do you ride when you get down this way?
This Saturday that just passed I rode to the Honda, Suzuki, Kawi dealership on 13 with my buddy Brandon. I highly recommend the smoked ribs. He has my old dark and light blue 93 VN750. I'm on the meanie in the pic below. He lives on Haines just off 13. We usually head out to the country roads near him. I'm not sure about road names but they're only 5 or 10 minutes away from his house. We also frequent a bar not far from him for the crawfish sandwich. That little bastard is goooooood. Can't remember the name of the bar but it's across the street from the 'club' with the giant clown face entrance. I'll ask him about it. Man, he needs to get his @ss on this forum!

Saw a maroon & black vulcan on Route 4 this morning @ the light in front of Christiana Hospital (turning left into the office complex) - I yelled 'nice bike' as I rode by on mine... Anyone on here? VOiP, maybe?
Not I and not my buddy...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not me. I'm Maroon & Black, but I can't recall the last time I was near Christiana Hospital and have no need to go into the office complex.
LP is referring to Powersport East I believe...that's where I bought my bike.
Route 9 all the way down to Sambo's (goooood crabs) in Leipsic DE is GREAT ride.
If/When you guys want to get together, let me know...I'm in! Sambo's is not open on Sundays.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live roughly 5 miles from PowerSports East - right on the edge of Newark by Becks Pond.

I'm tied up the next couple of weekends, but post up on here if a ride gets planned. I've only taken Rt. 9 over the bridge past DE City - would be interested in a trip to anywhere involving crab/crabcakes/etc!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unfortunately I have moved from Delaware to the Shreveport, LA area. I will miss riding in Delaware, going to the beaches and such. But it is fun checking out a new location. Glad I have a GPS for my bike! Take care out there in the Northeast...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I just signed up this afternoon, as I only just bought my bike last weekend. My 2003 VN750 is my first bike, and I am -very- pleased with my purchase. I'm out of Sussex County and I think it's cool to have found other Delawareans with good taste. Hopefully I'll see you guys out on the road!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts