Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everyone, please wear your gear! or at least full length jeans.
the wife rode her bike to work today (wearing capri jeans) and when she got there and went to park the bike she put the side kickstand down and as she leaned the bike to the left the back of her right leg touched the exhaust pipe and now she has a new tattoo!
i have told her to always wear full length jeans. also she knows how i feel about not wearing gear. every time we are out driving around and i see some body riding with shorts or capri pants, i say "yeah, your cool! just wait until you get your new tattoo on your leg, then maybe you'll learn!
so my wife comes home and knowing what i'm going to say to her, shows me her new tattoo. i ask "how did that happen did you wear jeans?" she says "yeah, capri jeans". when i ask "why not full length jeans?" she tells me "it's too hot"! i answer with "yeah, so are the pipes!"
so everyone, please wear your gear! or at least full length jeans.

·
239 Posts
Oh ya,that will take a good couple of years to fade away.
Im one year into my third one now. This last one was working on the bike and not paying attention.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
when i ask "why not full length jeans?" she tells me "it's too hot"! i answer with "yeah, so are the pipes!"
so everyone, please wear your gear! or at least full length jeans.
Good one... :rockon:

So, how comfortable is that couch??? :pepper:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
The answer to your question...

Being happly married for 31 years, and the fact that she is off visiting her mother in England right now, the answer is ...Probably Never.

But hang in there, good ones are hard to find..

JC

·
Geek
872 Posts
Does she have any other tat's ? Maybe it matches ....

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being happly married for 31 years, and the fact that she is off visiting her mother in England right now, the answer is ...Probably Never.

But hang in there, good ones are hard to find..

JC
yeah, i know. as for the good ones?....i got mine and i plan on keeping her!
married for 31 years? (happly to boot!) :wow: good for you! so many people i know (many of them friends) only make to around half that many years, then get divorced! which scares the heck out of me, because that's how long we've been married. (not always happly, but, we got through it, and we are now.)

also, no she has no other tat's. this is her first one. (and i hope her last!)

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
no she has no other tat's. this is her first one. (and i hope her last!)
Yeah, let's hope so.
I've scorched my jeans on the pipes (and my hand once, but that was during maintenance :( ) but haven't gotten my legs heat sealed by them and hope not to.
Ya know, Ruger, I think for her not heeding your advice, she owes you a night out now!! LOL

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya know, Ruger, I think for her not heeding your advice, she owes you a night out now!! LOL
LOL. thanks hyper, i needed that.:smiley_th but i think she got what was coming to her. well.....on the other hand maybe your on to something!:rockon:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'll tell you what makes me cringe. Seeing someone riding in shorts, tank-top and flip-flops. Forget the hot pipes, one cager not paying attention and you get to walk around looking like a refugee from Burger King for the rest of your life, if you're that lucky.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Funniest combo I saw was a full dress BMW , Joe Rocket Jacket, riding pants and sandals! with white socks to boot! I mean why bother if your only going to put on sandals?! He looked like a retiree... :)

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Funniest combo I saw was a full dress BMW , Joe Rocket Jacket, riding pants and sandals! with white socks to boot! I mean why bother if your only going to put on sandals?! He looked like a retiree... :)
Wow.... All I can say is... WOW....

Not quite as bad as the guy at school who takes the time to wear a decent jacket and an expensive (shoei or arai) helmet... yet wears skater type shoes...

I'm foolish enough to ride without riding pants but I wear a full face, a good jacket, heavy jeans and tall boots. I know from experience that good boots can save your... umm... feet. Shortly after I bought this bike I took a slide that was reasonably minor (I had rain gear on and while it was shredded - the jeans underneath are still wearable). I didn't notice it for a while - but my redwings had a metal tab by the ankle "knob" - one of em was ground down quite a bit... had I not been wearing boots that would have been a hell of a physical therapy bill...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts