Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
This is obviously my first post. This is also my first street bike. It's a 2004 750 vulcan obviously.
I raced dirt bikes for the past 5 years and decided to get one.
My bike has developed a bit of a stutter when starting from a dead stop unless I give it a decent amount of throttle and it caused me to stall twice just 20 minutes ago. I made it to school but it is scaring me quite a bit. Is it normal to need a good amount of throttle to get going without stalling?

FYI I had ran very low on gas and used the sea foam treatment. I had filled up maybe 3 miles before the stalls. Could it have been an air bubble in the fuel line or something of that nature? Definitely not a mechanic at all here just a wild guess.

Edit: I've road this bike for the past week for a total of 500 miles and stalled once which I knew was my fault but i haven't had this occur yet.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did just adjust the clutch and it is doing much better, but in order to do that the friction zone is near the end of the clutch travel. Could I need a new clutch cable possibly? Sorry for the complete newbie questions guys and thank you all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.