Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Long Island NY, and know this will depend on your climate. But curious to know when you put it away for the winter or how you make this decision?

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Never but if I did it would be when ice is on the road. Don't like ice, never did. Had an uncle who was a mudder though. His mutter was a mudder.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I put mine away on December 31st and get it back out on January 2nd I don't like riding after New Year's parties

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Reactions: shark88

·
Registered
39 Posts
I usually ride down to about 40 degrees. In Western PA it usually falls sometime in late November, then I break it back out in March typically.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
We get enough warm winter days, mine is never really mothballed. Late Nov. or so, I'll give it a tank of gas with a normal dose of seafoam or stabil, but it's always ready to go. If I ride, I fill it back up and seafoam again.

·
Registered
736 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
With the weird weather we get here, I never "winterize" as we've had 50 degree days during winter (in between fridged days with snow and ice)
Just put the bike out of the weather, keep a gas stabilizer in the tank (keep it full) and charge the battery every four weeks.

·
NewB to Vulcans
220 Posts
Yeah, we live in Orlando. Too hot and sticky to ride daytime and we get classic PM thunderstorms July and August so my bike gets summerized. Fall, most of Winter and Spring I use it to ride to work (on the days i go in to the office).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine goes in hibernation once the road salt comes out. Oil change, radiator flushed, a thorough cleansing and inspection to get her ready for next season. Started once a week just to warm up and keep everything fluent. then back to bed she goes.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
I don't do windshields, which limits my riding. If I wanted to be behind glass I'd take the cage. So when it dips below 70 that's what i do. Takes me off the bike for about 5 months, but thanks to being right in the middle of the jet stream it can be 73 on sunday and 53 on monday. Average winter temps are 45 here so when the jet stream flips upwards and i see 60's after a few months of cabin fever i take it. Never really sit longer than a month in the off season so i just keep it on the tender and thats it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine is winterized in Nov. and brought back to ready-state in late March or so.

I pull the battery and put it on a maintainer inside basemebt, drain fuel from the carb bowls.

Before next season I pull the earshave filter pods, clean and re-oil them; fresh eng. filter and oil and reinstall battery. general inspection. Fires up right away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts