Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which wheel cleaners work best cleaning the wheels, especially the front rim?
Thanks,

·
Registered
82 Posts
I tried using a metal polish, but it didn't seem to help. It only took off some of the dirt, not the built up black crap on the rim. This weekend, I used an abrasive cloth, and got the real down dirt off my rims. They look a lot better, and will probably be easier to keep cleanRide Safe
Wayne

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used some environmentaly friendly cleaner (don't recall the name as I'm at work right now) spray it on and let soak couple minutes, than an old toothbrush to reach in and scrub out the black grease/brake dust/crap that has accumulated. It makes it look (almost) like new. Just a bit time consuming, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Justin

·
Registered
65 Posts
YOu might try clay bar if nothing else works. I've used it to varying degrees of success on cars, but not on bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a spray wheel cleaner (non acidic) after hosing off the surface dust. Let it soak in a few minutes and scrubbed with a nylon wheel brush and old toothbrushes using warm soapy water. It worked well, but now I need to seal the wheels with a metal wax or protector I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts