Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So planning a few rides this year and have been looking for a new helmet. Just bought the Scorpion 900x. Like the idea it can transform from a full to a 3/4. Also it's a blemished one for $50 off. :pepper:

So what's your go to helmet? :motorcycl

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
With my big whap head, it's just that one that'll fit. Seriously, I've had my skull cracked up pretty good twice in my life time so finding a helmet that fits my 3X head is a major pain.:BLAM: Oh, must have a front flip up.

·
Overkill? Whats that?
374 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
A good helmet is one that fits properly and can be worn for long periods of time. I have a long oval brain casing and tried on every helmet within a 50 mile radius of where I live. Only the Arai (Profile model), which is designed for long oval shaped heads, fit properly, without cutting into my forehead. Arais are expensive, BUT they make dozens of graphics each year and discount the ones that don't sell well. Got mine at a 40% discount (and I love the graphic!). They are also Snell certified. Only PITA is the pod design of the quick release visor mechanism. I broke 2, which Arai sent replacements for at no charge and no questions asked. Great customer service!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I have a Gmax GMS 54 I think .It is a modular withe drop down inner visor.The ventilation on this thing is super. I rose from Fla. to Ky stopping only for fuel and snacks. It is comfy on the long haul 16 plus hrs.

My buddy Jack has the EXO 900 Transformer and likes it.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With my big whap head, it's just that one that'll fit. Seriously, I've had my skull cracked up pretty good twice in my life time so finding a helmet that fits my 3X head is a major pain.:BLAM: Oh, must have a front flip up.
I'm in the same boat. 3x is my size and there aren't a lot in that size.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have a Gmax GMS 54 I think .It is a modular withe drop down inner visor.The ventilation on this thing is super. I rose from Fla. to Ky stopping only for fuel and snacks. It is comfy on the long haul 16 plus hrs.

My buddy Jack has the EXO 900 Transformer and likes it.
got the gmax for Christmas it is really awesome and very comfortable. not bad for the price.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,700 Posts
A good helmet is one that fits properly and can be worn for long periods of time.
so true!

still waiting on the write up of that trip! ;)

got the gmax for Christmas it is really awesome and very comfortable. not bad for the price.
the wife picked up a "Gmax" 3/4 face with drop down inner visor, last year and she loves it. I put it on, it was comfy, it fit well and the price was good too.

·
Registered
609 Posts
FG 17 for me. Admittedly it's the only one I've tried but I'm very pleased with it. I usually ride with the shield up unless the weather is cold and surprisingly the wind noise seems worse with the shield closed.

·
Super Moderator
11,834 Posts
I'm still using a Shoei RF1100. Yes, it's all about fit. Have a KBC and a Fulmer, but really don't wear them anymore as the RF is just so much more comfy.

Next helmet will likely be another Shoei or an Arai. Yes they are not cheap, but I only got the one brain....;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm with KM... Shoei RF1100 flat black with a tinted visor... It's pretty comfy!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm loving my HJC FG-17 its under 200 is snell and dot rated. The sena 20s bluetooth kit went on it without any trouble. wind noise is minimal.
I have the FG-17 as well. So far I like it. Wind noise isn't too bad. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have the chin-wind-block thing.

Someday - I would like to try a nice one from Shoei

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
You need to try mine on next time we ride together Chuck, I am a bucket head too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts