Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
My buddy called me last winter and told me to look that up.i have wanted one ever since,he said it had ,Me, written all over it.

My next one however will probably be a VTX 800 though,107 HP and a lot easier to handle,but I'll keep my big cruiser also.

If the girl I sold m 750 does't buy a new sportster,in which case I'll buy my old 750 back.

·
Banned
448 Posts
My next bike will be the Boss Hoss 502 inch big block V-8 bike. It will fry the rear tire as long as you have the Cahoni's to twist and hold the throttle.

·
Banned
448 Posts
2300 Engine. My 90 Geo wagon only had a 997 CC engine. This is a little ove twice as big. DAMN! A liquid cooled car engine in a bike. Whoda thunk?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I'll probably try a sport bike as my next bike... I'll either repair my Vulcan or get a newer VN750, but I wanna try a sport bike... Been thinking about Yamaha R6, Ninja 636, maybe GSXR600... don't really know what will make me decide between them... Don't really want more than a 600cc sport bike to start with... it'll be enough until I get more experience.

As a side question here, which 600cc sport bike would you recommend for me?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I tried out an NT700 sport tourer the other day it is a vtwin liquid bike with the factory hard bags pretty quick little bike and is not one of the full on Race replica style either ,the Kaw Ninja 650R is pretty sweet also and not intimidating as some of the other sport bikes that truly should only be in the hands of experienced riders,My buddy has a CBR1000RR that can literally hurt you fast and bad if you don't show proper respect for its power.The 600 class rr and r1 and gxrs are actually too fast if yo hsven't got a lot of experience.

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I would really like my next bike to be a 2010+ Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS edition. The style and comfort and accessories alone put the Harley Ultra Classic to shame......for a lot less money!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
2300 Engine. My 90 Geo wagon only had a 997 CC engine. This is a little ove twice as big. DAMN! A liquid cooled car engine in a bike. Whoda thunk?
And don't the 502 CI come out to be about 8230 CCs, isn't that over 8 times the 997 CCs of the Geo engine. ...lol...

I guess at my age all I need to wish for is for myself and my present bike to hold up...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
another Vulcan 750!

if not a VN750?...Hmmm......I think it would be a Kawasaki 454LTD. out side of that bike, I really don't have any other bikes that I want. I love my VN750, the wife has a '96 Vulcan EN500, which I love too! I just think it would be cool to have a 454LTD.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I have just got the Vulcan dressed up to the way I dreamed of her being. But if I had to get another bike, just something with a wider seat and more passenger room. Don't care for the bigger CC engines anymore. The VN 750 is all the engine I need and I love the way it handles. Crotch rockets are in the past for me,,,too damn fat now for the humped up tank. Bigger, newer cruisers aren't in my budget now-a-days, so the 750 looks good in the driveway.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Next bike will probably be a Valkyrie. Love the power and handling.

·
1985 VN-700
418 Posts
It was going to be a 1995 Vulcan 88 until the guy who has it now figured its not a good time to buy a new bike as business where we both work is bad. Oh well!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll probably try a sport bike as my next bike... I'll either repair my Vulcan or get a newer VN750, but I wanna try a sport bike... Been thinking about Yamaha R6, Ninja 636, maybe GSXR600... don't really know what will make me decide between them... Don't really want more than a 600cc sport bike to start with... it'll be enough until I get more experience.

As a side question here, which 600cc sport bike would you recommend for me?

the R6 and the Ninja are really nice and they both handle well I was gonna get the R6 before I test road the Daytona 675 ,its so much thinner without that 4th cylinder and really flickable and it sounds like a jet with that triple motor:smiley_th, I never really liked the Gixxer still a good bike a few buddies have em, if I buy another crotch rocket it will be a Ducati 1198S,

yeah check out the Ducati 848 << its a twin so it still classified as on par with a 600 4 banger and an affordable price.......... and NOTHING sounds like a ducati

1000cc single = 800cc= twin = 700cc triple = 600cc four

·
Super Moderator
11,869 Posts
I already have my next...and likely last bike...my 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300..and I also opted for the matching RHT Miata Touring car:

When you said bike purchase I thought you meant like accessories and stuff...so my next bike specific purchase will be a communication system of some kind. Likely the hard wired type Autocom or Starcom.

And finally you said something I can agree with Q man..."and NOTHING sounds like a ducati"

If I had the money to own one and still keep my FJR...I would.

And when I get to feeble to hold up a bike , I plan on getting one of those Can Am Spyders...likely the touring model.

KM

·
Registered
70 Posts
I want a Kawasaki V2K 2000 cc's of raw power!!! me being 6'3" and my lovely wife being 6'1" I want to be comfy on a bike!!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
the R6 and the Ninja are really nice and they both handle well I was gonna get the R6 before I test road the Daytona 675 ,its so much thinner without that 4th cylinder and really flickable and it sounds like a jet with that triple motor:smiley_th, I never really liked the Gixxer still a good bike a few buddies have em, if I buy another crotch rocket it will be a Ducati 1198S,

yeah check out the Ducati 848 << its a twin so it still classified as on par with a 600 4 banger and an affordable price.......... and NOTHING sounds like a ducati

1000cc single = 800cc= twin = 700cc triple = 600cc four
I just found a video on youtube where they compare the R6, the Daytona 675 and the Ducati 848.

They seem to think the R6 is the most comfortable out of the three, the Daytona 675 they say is a bit "sportier" and the Ducati is definitely the fastest, but they say it seems to want to go straight back to the track, not cruise around the street lol.

Out of those 3 I'd probably get the R6. I love the looks, it's supposedly more comfortable and they say it's a bit more tame for the street. Although I love Ducati I would probably not be too happy riding one on the streets here. Also, I'm not sure, but I think it should be much more expensive to maintain than the R6.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion though, I'm definitely keeping that Ducati in mind... maybe if I moved somewhere else it would be a lot more appealing. Or maybe after I get more experience.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts