Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, can anyone identify this for me? I found it sitting loose in my air box early on in the engine removal process. I'm hoping it's just a slag piece of filter that I can ignore but I can't afford to be wrong. If it needs to be reinstalled, I haven't got a clue as to where. It seems to be the same material as my air filters and is crazy sticky on one side with a slight indent in the center. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
that looks like the crappy little filter just above the tube that leads from the airbox down to the ground so any dirt/oil/water buildup in the airbox has a place to drain to.

If you're doing an earshave don't worry about it. If you're reinstalling the airbox/ears (why?) then you could probably do with a small foam filter from a hardware store and just glue it lightly into place at the very front right lowside of the airbox.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're awesome. Thank you! I am reinstalling the stock filters because I'm not very experienced and I need to work one problem at a time. Currently replacing my stator (scary but thrilling process) but the ear shave mod is on my list of future projects. Thanks for the quick answer.

·
Registered
764 Posts
no problem, hope it all goes well for you.

I just got done doing my balance dampers, which is the same procedure as the stator (albeit a much less expensive part)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts