Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Have been a lifelong Kawasaki fan, have had several KZ models. Well my brother in law sends me an email and asks if I want a free Vulcan!! I figure what the hey and bite, it is sitting in his garage now and I will be united with it in the next week or so. I was told that it wont charge the battery. I found the reply by JM1515 on 4/5/05, this was how to test various possibilities...good stuff!!! My bike is an '84 700cc.....people here mention the RR...what is the RR? I am assuming it is an electrical bit of some sort. Looking forward to chatting with you good folks in the near future. I will report back on how much a free bike costs....ride safe!

·
Now what
400 Posts
It's the Rectifier/Regulator. Makes the ac voltage from the stator dc, and keeps the voltage under 14.5 volts or so.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well Kawabob, welcome to the world of Vulcan. I have an 85 700 vulcan myself. Had the rectifier and stater replaced last year. I put a maintenance free battery in it this year too. That has made a difference in how it's run so far.
Good luck with it. I'm from Maine too. I haven't seen a lot of these vulcans on the road up here. But they are great cruisers.
Ride Safe
Wayne :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts