Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 VN750 with around 13k miles. I beleive the picture of it is attached to my ID. The picture is from a couple of months ago. It has aftermarket pipes and must be jetted because she really goes. Don't know what else was done to it but she pulls really good for a 750. I have a CR 250 and a couple 700 ski doos and ride enough to know she runs really good. It is a very deep burgandy/plum color that shows in the sunlight. At night and in the shade she looks black. The bike is in really good shape for an 87 which I beleive is a classic now.? Is 20 years considered a classic? I need money and thats one of the toys I will probably have to sell. What is she worth? Is parting it out an option? What are the thoughts out there on this. Thanks in advance for the comments, I will really miss her!!!

Scott

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, one thing about the VN750, they're one of the quickest bikes in their class. (and a few others) So it's possible it's still got stock jetting.
I've easily pulled away from my buddy on his 1100 Shadow :smiley_th :motorcycl

The blue book price says retail is $2030 (in excellent condition)
With gas prices taking a bite outta everyones wallet, that price is possible to get if ya find the right buyer.
In Cycle Trader.com there's an '86 going for $2460.
So I'd say you'd probably do good to start at around $2000 or so. Ya can always go lower if someones interested, but for some reason, alot of people don't like it if ya try raising the price on them ! LOL

As far as parting it out, seems most parts for the Vulcan sell pretty good on ebay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts