Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So getting ready for the circle tour, and need to get rid of the glare I've noticed on my phone and garmin. I've noticed 2 types. A hood and anti glare coating. Has anyone tried either or both, and have an opinion? Thanks.

·
2,502 Posts
I've used my Bluetooth with my Maps program on the cell phone. That way you could just hear the directions without actually having to take your eyes off the road.
I still have the GPS mount on my bike in case I want to see a map, but in the sun there's not much that helps for me.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I have a tomtom rider that has a built-in hood and it helps but not a cure all. The rider uses Bluetooth for sound because of not having a speaker. It has spent hours exposed to heavy rain and works fine.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
He'll we've got the technology to end world hunger and put men on the moon yet people starve and the moon is a lonely place;)

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Take that up with the major manufacturers, and it's called a gyrocopter :boxing:
Yes, but my point was although that technology exsists, it's no use to Birdhunter as neither of his devices has it. So as interesting as your post was, it doesn't help his issue....

And a gyrocopter isn't a flying car,it's just a small helicopter. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bought the sun shield. I'll let you know how it works. My Gps isn't blu tooth. Is there one other then the motorcycle gps that is blu tooth other then for the phone that will hook up to the sena?

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes have a Nuvi. I guess only their motorcycle model has blu tooth to the sena. Way more money then I care to spend. Just use my phone I guess.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Yeah, back in 2006 I bought the new at the time Zumo 550 for about 600 bucks.
Had weather radar, traffic, XM radio, MP3 player, Bluetooth phone and voice prompts all going to my Bluetooth headset/intercom.
Was awesome. Unit died on me 3 years ago, as did the headset. I ain't paying for a new one, as I can use my iPhone 6 Plus to do the same thing now. So will likely get another Bluetooth headset and a phone mount for the bike.

My wife's Nuvi although not waterproof does have the ability to send voice prompts via FM...meaning if you set your FM radio to a "dead space" you can listen through your cars stereo...or any FM radio.
If your Nuvi can do this, you can buy one of those Sena headsets that has a FM radio and it will Bluetooth your phone, and you can get the GPS instructions over the radio.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts