Attachments

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i haTE WINDSHIELDS BUT I LIKE THIS ONE. i need 2 see it in person i think.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I happen to like mine. Painted the bottom part of it black to give it a quasi-batwing fairing look. only real issues I have is that it does add to the kite-ability of the bike in a strong crosswind and for some reason since I put it on, the bike temp has been significantly higher, edges into the red. But I do like it.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Had one on my 650. Loved it but it is fugly.

·
Expendable newbie
309 Posts
Its the age old question, looks or comfort. You sacrifice one for the other, but you can try to get both by getting a detachable windshield. However, I think most of them are small and doesn't cover the handlebars.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
That's what I have on mine. I have it raised up so it sits on the tach/speedo. This gives an open gap, yes, but I've found out that it provides just enough wind to come through to cool me down on hot days but not too much wind to counter-act the reason for having a screen. And any rain that comes though the gap is very negligible. But my initial reason for mounting it there was to make sure the sides of it would cover my hands on the grips. It was too tall when raised this high so I trimmed "X" amount of inches from the top. Perhaps not as cool looking as the standard straight up/down type with no hand protection but it functions quite well for me. Unlike AngryBob's experience, I have not noticed any effect of the engine temp. I'll probably replace it in a couple of years due to scratches it seems to have accumulated since new.

·
Super Moderator
11,825 Posts
I had the Plexistar 2 on mine:

https://flic.kr/p/3gK95m

Basicly the same screen, but without the "lowers"....and the side flairs for the grips lined up a lot better with the bars than the PF3 did. I actually lowered my headlight an inch to let more air under the windscreen.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,694 Posts
hell, the nickname for our bike is "bubf" which stands for "butt ugly, but fast!" :wink2:

so why not a an "bubf" (butt ugly, but functional) windshield?!?>:)

·
Expendable newbie
309 Posts
What?! I was lead to believe that bubf stood for "best unbelievable blazing fun". Noooooooooo! My whole world has just been turned upside down.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Born under brown fur?

·
Expendable newbie
309 Posts
Born under brown fur?
I think most of us was born under black fur. Or at least the place we came out of was surrounded by black hair.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts