Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only balanced spoke type wheels. My 750 has cast wheels and clip on type weights like used on cars. I know there are also weights with adhesive strips on the back. How do they work? Interested in hearing experiences and recommendations from forum members. Tks ..... james

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,268 Posts
I personally have never had to balance a motorcycle tire.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have only balanced spoke type wheels. My 750 has cast wheels and clip on type weights like used on cars. I know there are also weights with adhesive strips on the back. How do they work? Interested in hearing experiences and recommendations from forum members. Tks ..... james
Stick on weights work fine, are cheap, and used by many (if not most) motorcycle tire shops. I had them on my Metzelers and now Avons. No issues at any speed, but you can see them on the rim, which some people do not like. Dynamic balancing options (hidden from view) include DynaBeads or RideOn (sealant). RideOn adds the benefit of sealing punctures. Make sure that the tire is mounted properly (red or yellow dot aligned with valve stem) to minimize balancing weight requirements.

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
I use Ride-On. The ATV formula is just fine for bikes and much cheaper than the motorcycle "formula". If you can mount tires yourself, it's even more worth it.

·
Diesel Tech
136 Posts
I use Dynabeads in all my tires, car and bike.
DynaBeads Tire Balancing Beads

I makes a very noticeable difference. Weights only work for imbalance at the time of measurement. It can't compensate for wear, rocks in the tread, dirt on the wheel, moisture or air pressure change.
Beads constantly adapt to the changing balance of tires so you get a smooth ride for the entire life of the tires.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,268 Posts
This thread is one year old. You guys getting bored? ;)
never hurts to bring up old threads for the new guys to read.not all of us on this forum have been playing with bikes since they carved them outta stone...

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Reactions: kc2dgq
1 - 8 of 8 Posts