Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I need 2x 140 mains and 1x 40 pilot, but when I went to Sudco's page there were Mikuni Lrg. Hex, Sm. Hex, Lrg. Round & Sm. Round. WTH am I suppose to get? Also, the Factory Pro shop that I'm assuming makes the carb kits that Sherm's sold, in 45 miles from my house. Does anyone know anything about these guys? It would be nice to pick up the shims and jets locally. http://www.factorypro.com/products/Jets,%20Mikuni,%20buy.htm I posted the link, if someone can take a look and tell me which ones I need that would freekin ROCK!:pepper:

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
you actually need jets for a keihin cvk not a mikuni and you will need 2 40 pilot jets 2 140 mains and 2 shims per carb

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you actually need jets for a keihin cvk not a mikuni and you will need 2 40 pilot jets 2 140 mains and 2 shims per carb
That narrowed it down a little for me thanks. The local place has the sizes I need but I looked at this chart http://www.keihin-us.com/list.htm and from what I gather I need 2 of the 28mm pilot jet I think.... please correct me if I'm wrong. On the bottom I can't figure out which jet type I need for the mains. I'm going to take a guess (bottom shows CVCVK road bike) and say I need the 8mm for the mains.... I'm probably way off.... :BLAM:

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
looks correct to me

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Jet size will depend on altitude above sea level, intake and exhaust system. Give me the info and I will tell you what you need. :smiley_th

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
when i first got on here the 40 140 2 shim combo was what everyone was running so i will ask you lance i am at sea level ear shaved with uni filters degoat factory mufflers with baffles completely removed (i like the look of the stock system) what should i run

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Lance will need the specific filter type and exhaust system info too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oops, thanks! 87 ft. above sea level, about to put K&N pods on carbs and stock exhaust. I ordered the 40 pilots, 140 mains and shims to re-jet but haven't opened anything yet. Also what is degoating and is it in the Verses? (so you don't need to waste your time telling me something that's already been explained)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes it is, you remove the pipe that connects both exhaust pipes together I believe. Also try and do a search you might find more information about it.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
oops, thanks! 87 ft. above sea level, about to put K&N pods on carbs and stock exhaust. I ordered the 40 pilots, 140 mains and shims to re-jet but haven't opened anything yet. Also what is degoating and is it in the Verses? (so you don't need to waste your time telling me something that's already been explained)
42 pilots

142 - 145 mains

2 shims per needle

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
when i first got on here the 40 140 2 shim combo was what everyone was running so i will ask you lance i am at sea level ear shaved with uni filters degoat factory mufflers with baffles completely removed (i like the look of the stock system) what should i run
42 pilot

145-147 main

2 shims per needle

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
thanks lance guess its down to the bike shop to buy jets

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
thanks lance guess its down to the bike shop to buy jets
Check the color of the plugs before you buy new jets, if the bike is running fine leave it alone. If it flees like it needs more on top end the replace the jets.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
its greyish white so i have been a little lean its just such a pita to take the carbs off but with the engine out its not too bad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lance, thanks for giving the sizes. As mentioned earlier, I already bought 40's and 140's and the manufacturer wont do an exchange and apply a %15 re-stock fee if returned. I know they're not much $$ but I'm penny pinching my way through this. If use the jets I have, am I going to experience any issues or will I just not have as much power or something like that?

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Lance, thanks for giving the sizes. As mentioned earlier, I already bought 40's and 140's and the manufacturer wont do an exchange and apply a %15 re-stock fee if returned. I know they're not much $$ but I'm penny pinching my way through this. If use the jets I have, am I going to experience any issues or will I just not have as much power or something like that?
You will be running "lean" like Vulcanjoe. Eventualy it will burn the exhaust valves.

You can try the ones you have and keep an eye on the plug color and jet as needed. :beerchug:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Jet size will depend on altitude above sea level, intake and exhaust system. Give me the info and I will tell you what you need. :smiley_th
Hiya Lance... I'm running at 810 ft./247 m above sea level, still have the goat belly but running strait pipe slip ons...what jet size should I use. also.. what uni filter should I use?..I will eventualy put K&N's on but they are so high right now.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
If you don't hear back in a few days, might want to send him a PM.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts