Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a VN750 in the near future. Currently one I have my eye on is a '94 with 15,000 on it. I haven't seen the bike in person yet, but I've been told it needs nothing mechanically. Pics look good.

What is a fair price? Seems mostly stock with addition of cloth saddlebags and windshield.

What things should I be sure to look at before buying?

Thanks!

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
I paid 1300 for my 93 (no windshield) whither 13,000 miles.

Check tires for dry rot, might want to bring a a volt meter to check the battery and stator (search weak stator) ask to have it started and check throttle response, engine sounds, vibrations and so on.

Others will most likely give more info.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I think jada covered it pretty well there. Checking the voltage on the charging system, not enough volts could indicate a stator going bad which would mean an engine pull. These engines have some vibration, but if it's bouncing around on the center stand or the mirrors shake so bad you can't see clearly, you probably have a balance damper job in the near future. If it idles good and has good throttle response the carbs are probably ok and wouldn't need a cleaning right away.

As far as a fair price, depends on where you are located. I've recently seen a 2005 locally for $3000 and a 94 for $2500 (been on craigslist for months so I'm guessing that's too high ;)).

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Paid $1500 for mine with 13,500 on it and it needed nothing. Back firing is ok. That freaked me at first. Thought something was wrong.

·
2,527 Posts
Fair can be anywhere from $1,000-$2,000 depending on condition and if it has any extra's like a luggage rack, engine guard, extended back rest, windshield etc. Do you have pictures or a link?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paid $1,400 for my '93, stock, with leather saddlebags & a plexifairing.

I would say, in addition to the backfiring, there will be whistling (a happy tune, I'm sure) from the tank & don't be afraid of a slow-starter... mine is and always has been a very cranky girl on cool mornings or when I've let her sit too long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts