Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to find a k&n air filter for our bike? Or maybe a foam company where we can make our own?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Exact replacement per the KN website is KA-7586 cost About $75.00
KN website stated that you do not have to rejet. This is not surprising since the rubber bellows into the airbox are a finite size. You will have to order direct from KN because most dealers do not know about this. I found it as exact replacement on KN website. I have looked at the pictures of the filters and they are correct. I will be ordering but I am little tight money wise at the moment.
Edgar Rountree "GreenArrow"
86 VN750 "Traveler"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Edgar. Will have to wait for payday. But it should save us money in the long haul as they are lifetime.

·
Registered
6 Posts
75 bucks is steep unless these will replace the restrictive "ears" and intake. I seen oval filters just attached to the carbs but not sure where to purchase these. I assume this application will change the carb settings. Not sure how much horsepower this will give. The oil and foam stock ones probably work the same. I buy special foam cleaner and foam oil at my local bike shop. Do not use motor oil...especially do not ues synthetic.

·
Registered
200 Posts
GreenArrow said:
The Exact replacement per the KN website is KA-7586 cost About $75.00
KN website stated that you do not have to rejet. This is not surprising since the rubber bellows into the airbox are a finite size. You will have to order direct from KN because most dealers do not know about this. I found it as exact replacement on KN website. I have looked at the pictures of the filters and they are correct. I will be ordering but I am little tight money wise at the moment.
Edgar Rountree "GreenArrow"
86 VN750 "Traveler"
Or you could goto
www.parts411.com
and order the KA1594 for $55/pair.
Before K&N made the exact replacements, a lot of us used these.
They fit perfectly...you just have to Dremel off about 1/8" from the top of the filter gasket...no problem and no harm done to the filter.
Before I sold my 750, I ran w/these for 2 yrs.
no real performance gains, just never have to buy another filter, and definitely made better than foam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts