Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior master
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting new tires and I'm going to go up a size In the front to a 110/90 19 and a rear tire to 170/80 15 but was wondering if I can go wider in the rear and does any have the size off hand. Please post pics I you have done it. I'm very intrested in knowing.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Seems like one member went to the darkside with a 180/??-15 car tire, and just managed to fit it on. I don`t recall the aspect ratio or the brand right now.

The 170/80-15 mc tires of most brands seem to fit according to reports on this board.
I wouldn`t recommend anything wider. As it is the 150/90 is the stock size tire for much larger cruisers including the older vn1500s I believe. Not sure why you would want a wider tire than the 170 anyway. :confused:

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Seems like one member went to the darkside with a 180/??-15 car tire, and just managed to fit it on. I don`t recall the aspect ratio or the brand right now.

The 170/80-15 mc tires of most brands seem to fit according to reports on this board.
I wouldn`t recommend anything wider. As it is the 150/90 is the stock size tire for much larger cruisers including the older vn1500s I believe. Not sure why you would want a wider tire than the 170 anyway. :confused:
I also read of another member blowing up their rear rim with a oversized car tire. Be careful fitting them!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I also read of another member blowing up their rear rim with a oversized car tire. Be careful fitting them!
I don`t recall seeing that thread thtanner. If you see it again would you bump it to the top or PM a link to me? :) thanks
I have heard of darksiders needing to pump the CT up to a hundred psi or so to get it to seat the bead, but never heard of a rim failing while doing so.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I don`t recall seeing that thread thtanner. If you see it again would you bump it to the top or PM a link to me? :) thanks
I have heard of darksiders needing to pump the CT up to a hundred psi or so to get it to seat the bead, but never heard of a rim failing while doing so.
well ****, tire blew up while trying to seat the bead thats 125$ down the drain gonna get a m880 for now and try again next time.:(...... let me know if that 175 is good
Is the original post, cant find where but he also found it cracked the rim and had to replace it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts