Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my current stator. I know that the best is to have Tim Parrot rewind them, but the one I have is pretty far gone(its from 1986) and I'd like to have one ready to go when I take my old one out. What is my best option? Should I just get one of those cheap caltric stators and when it dies send it to tim parrot? Or is there a better option or something?

Thanks.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I need to replace my current stator. I know that the best is to have Tim Parrot rewind them, but the one I have is pretty far gone(its from 1986) and I'd like to have one ready to go when I take my old one out. What is my best option? Should I just get one of those cheap caltric stators and when it dies send it to tim parrot? Or is there a better option or something?

Thanks.
Purchase a Rewound Stator from TPE, then send old Stator in to TPE, he will buy it.

:smiley_th

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
X2 on what will said. There's a lot of things ill shop around for, but when it comes to my bikes, dirt or street TPE is the ONLY way to go imo.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
TPE all the way, Caltric if you want to do it twice in a week.

Unless the iron is ground down on your old stator, it shouldn't be a problem. All the copper gets replaced with the best available and the highest number of wraps possible. Output is increased by 20%.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone have a link to buy a whole stator from him? I can only find his service for rewinding one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I contacted him and ordered one and I'll be able to exchange mine after. Thank you for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts