Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 150lbs. just picked up a clean 86 Vulcan 750 for $1000 35,000 miles. front forks are too soft and rear is a bit soft also. What setting 1-4 and psi should I set these at, and also my forks. Thank you and happy to be here. Just sold a CB650 to buy my Vulcan. Anyone know of some good straight pipes for these?

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
try your rear at 15 and ride it for a few days at each setting then go up or down in psi
DO NOT USE A AIR COMPR TO CHANGE YOU WILL BLOW THEM!!!
use a bike pump or a lossless air shock pump 30 bucks on ebay

it will depend on your driving style , gear load, your weight, pass weight, terrain
i am 275 and i ride mostly smooth road with minimal gear
so i was at 20 psi on rebound dampener setting 1 but when my wife got on
260 more pounds is was way soft so i went up to 40psi
so now its
solo 40psi setting 1
2up 40psi setting 4

i dont change the air psi cause its easier and i got used to riding at it

·
Registered
269 Posts
Front fork air port?

I have set my rear shocks on 1 and with 15psi ( I ride single and am 160#) Read this link about a front fork port? Can't find where my forks are air assisted. I ride a 1993 VN750-a9

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
Air adjust forks was only on the first two model years. Max pressure was 7psi I think.

Set your rear at 10% of your weight. If you weigh 150lbs, then try 15psi in each rear shock. Manual says if you weigh under 180 lbs to leave it at atmospheric pressure .....which either means 0 psi or about 14 psi depending on how you inturpet what they mean..;)
(Atmospheric pressure at sea level is about 14.7 psi)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
More than likely. yer front springs are shot, or are low on fork oil. But yeah, like knife said, no more than 7 psi....hand pump...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a question about psi and rear wheel setting on a vulcan.

I have a '97 750, i am at about 320# and dont know that much about my bike yet. So far i only ride solo. I am a tall guy, and have some minor back problems.

What would anybody recommend? Thanks in advance on any help i get.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I also have a question about psi and rear wheel setting on a vulcan.

I have a '97 750, i am at about 320# and dont know that much about my bike yet. So far i only ride solo. I am a tall guy, and have some minor back problems.

What would anybody recommend? Thanks in advance on any help i get.
Read two posts above yours... It tells exactly how to set up your suspension

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts