Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tossing this question out there, because of course mods/aftermarket stuff is how you make your bike yours :smiley_th So: What after market stuff is on your bike and what (if any) is your favorite?? Pics?!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well I am certainly not the guru here but I throw in and these aren't all mods:

1) Seafoam - really keeps the 750 running well and keeps the carbs clean
2) Mainteance free battery
3) Battery tender
4) NGK plugs
5) LED turn signals & lights
6) HID Conversion kit
7) RR Relocation
8) Maintaining your Splines with every tire change (see Fergy's write up)
Then others will surely jump in with performance mods but the above will keep your vulcan running sweet and being reliable!

Here's a site to Bulldogs VN750 page. Nice reference info!

http://www.breyn.com/vn750/vn750.htm

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I don't have a favorite single mod but there are 3 that go hand in hand to give her a unique look and they are: Drop shocks, seat and handlebars. See my signature for all of my other mods.

·
Super Moderator
11,863 Posts
Easy. Seafoam is not a mod by the way...nor is an AGM battery...those are neccessities for the bike.

For the rider there are three things I consider nesseccities:

1.New seat. The stock just sucks. I got a Corbin and loved it.

2. Floorboards. Not tooting my own horn here, but after you have them you can not ever see going back to the stock pegs.

3. Windscreen. Can be a small one or a large one...but anything that gets that wind blast off your chest will do the trick.

Everything else is just luxury items you could live without, GPS, Radio, Driving lights, etc...but still nice to have.

KM

·
Fire Axe Man
61 Posts
most of my mods are in my signature and pics are in my profile album feel free to take a gander and let me know what ya think>>> ape hanger bars by far the best mod so far but will tie with forward controls as soon as they are finished!!!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Easy. Seafoam is not a mod by the way...nor is an AGM battery...those are neccessities for the bike.

For the rider there are three things I consider nesseccities:

1.New seat. The stock just sucks. I got a Corbin and loved it.

2. Floorboards. Not tooting my own horn here, but after you have them you can not ever see going back to the stock pegs.

3. Windscreen. Can be a small one or a large one...but anything that gets that wind blast off your chest will do the trick.

Everything else is just luxury items you could live without, GPS, Radio, Driving lights, etc...but still nice to have.

KM
Gotta say I'm sorta bassackwards, good seat yes, hated floorboards, don't want a windscreen, car has one, GPS when I'm in the mountains solo and lost is a bit better than nice...lol... And anything that makes it run & handle better...
Maybe, I'm totally bassackwards...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Dropped the rear 3" with a custom lowering bracket, ear shave, slim's custom fuse box (requires an ear shave), custom wiring harness, custom seat and sissy bar, the list goes on...
Anticipated mods in the near futer.. Larger gas tank, batwing fairing, GPS, Chatter Box Bike to Bike communication system, Metzer oversised tires, hard bags, trunk, floorboards... the list again goes on and on..

Out of all the mods I have done so far, my two favorite have to be dropping the rear, and the ear shave... both had a great improvment on handeling and power.

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
For ideas on mods, you can look at the link below in my signature.

If I had to shoot from the hip (so to speak), I'd say that either a windshield or a throttle lock would be the ones I'd most recommend. Both are indispensable on a long trip. The throttle lock really extends your range and reduces your fatigue factor on a long ride.

Knifemaker (see above post) is absolutely right. The factory seat is probably the worst thing about this bike. It is generally uncomfortable for any real length of time. Also, the "buttontuck" upholstery pattern traps dirt, dust and water when it rains or when giving the bike a bath. Totally stupid.....:(

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
The floorboards certainly add a lot to my comfort while I'm riding, I can move my feet around and to me it makes a big difference. I really feel good about my airhorn and the look of the plaque I made to cover up where the OEM horns were mounted. The saddlebags make it so much more convenient to carry crap around. I also hooked up a harness and jack to my battery, which sits inside the right side cover so in the winter if I need to boost or charge the battery, I don't need to remove the seat to get to it. I just pull the cover out a little and reach in and pull out the jack so I can plug in my battery charger. That stuff works for me.

·
Fire Axe Man
61 Posts
I agree with the windshields are for cars idea... just my opinion i know they work great, but i like the wind on a bike i guess

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
I guess I've done a few things. Favorites? That's pretty tough. I'd have to pick a bunch of them: Tour Pack stuff, Givi Luggage, Vista Cruise, Airhawk, Progressive Fork Springs, handlebar risers, Knifemaker dash, highway bars. And of course, the Gremlin Bell from the Goddess has helped me accumulate 45,000 trouble-free miles!

Fire & Steel Luggage Rack
Kawasaki Touring Package Fairing & Lowers (Shield cut 4”)
Tour Pak Floorboards
Tour Pak Dresser Bars
Tour Pak Front Fender w/chrome trim
Kawasaki saddlebag supports
Stock Exhaust (Vance & Hines Cruzers were just too dang loud!)
Stebel Compact Air Horn (stock horns were just too dang quiet!)
Metzeler ME880s (w/Ride-On)
Progressive Fork Springs
SuperBrace Fork Stabilizer
Mustang Wide Regal w/Spencer FlexGel mod (www.greatdaytoride.com)
Airhawk Medium Cruiser Seat Pad
Pro-Tac Backrest (w/extra brackets for use with passenger)
Custom Mirrors
Givi E21 Monokey Locking/Removable Hard Bags w/Wingrack mounts
Givi E370 Monolock Top Case w/brake light kit
Nelson-Rigg Tank Bag
Nelson-Rigg Survivor Series 600 waterproof soft luggage
12-volt power outlet
Optronics 20W Halogen driving lights w/handlebar switch
Black tank & rear fender & side panels & wheels from 1986 VN750 (“Babe”)
GenMar 1" Risers (chromed)
Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss
Kuryakyn #4029 Brake Pedal Cover
Kuryakyn #4036 Shift Peg Cover
Kuryakyn Chrome Battery Meter
KewlMetal KewLock Handlebar Helmet Locks
Flanders chrome wide-blade levers
Finned Coasters (EPA stuff gone)
Chrome Tank & Fender Trim
Chrome Sidestand
Chrome Master Cylinder Cover
Chrome Handlebar Clamp Bolt Covers
Chrome Engine Bolt Covers
Chrome Brake Bleeder Covers
Chrome Brake Caliper Banjo Covers
Chrome Coolant Tank Cover
Chrome Coolant Tank Cap Cover
Chrome Turn Signal Visors
Chrome Misc. Bolt Head Covers
Custom VROC #9492 “Pick” License Plate Frame, VN 750 License
“Knifemaker” Turn Signal Relocation Bar (chromed)
“Knifemaker” Dashboard (powdercoated)
Relocated R/R
K&N Air Filters
NGK DPR7EIX-9 Iridium Plugs
Engine Ice coolant
Jardine Posa Highway Bars w/ Kuryakyn #8001 Pegs
Vista Cruise Throttle Lock
Westco 12V14L-B AGM Battery w/Accumate smart charger
Formotion Scooter Clock
Formotion Handlebar-mounted Thermometer
Electrical Connection Turn Signal Conversion Kit
Clear Alternatives LED Tail/Brake light kit
Brake Light Modulator
EBC Kevlar Clutch Kit
Garmin Zumo 550 GPS
Goddess Gremlin Bell

·
Super Moderator
11,863 Posts
Windshields are all about comfort , I can do a 100 mile day without one.... But would not want to do a 500 mile day without one. A small shield will keep the wind off your chest, but let your head feel all the air you want.
Tall ones can keep the wind off your head, which makes it alot quieter.... A good thing for long range riding.

The one on my FJR can be lowered or raised allowing me to pick either....

But I would not want a bike that did not have one if I had any plans of taking a long trip with it.

KM

·
Fire Axe Man
61 Posts
Windshields are all about comfort , I can do a 100 mile day without one.... But would not want to do a 500 mile day without one. A small shield will keep the wind off your chest, but let your head feel all the air you want.
Tall ones can keep the wind off your head, which makes it alot quieter.... A good thing for long range riding.

The one on my FJR can be lowered or raised allowing me to pick either....

But I would not want a bike that did not have one if I had any plans of taking a long trip with it.

KM
I hear ya, I have an Ultra Classic Touring HD for long trips, this is my town and solo bike, by myself i like to sacrafice and get full wind for the looks and conversation at every stop, long trips with the misses require wind block and a radio for peace and quiet... LMAO...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts