Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because this is my first time ordering oem parts for a bike, i'm feeling alittle bit tweaked. every online and local store takes 4 to 5 days to process the order for a speedo cable! (even the local kaw dealer doesn't have it in stock) Then they have the nerve to charge like $40 to $60 for 2 day shipping on a half pound part???? even UPS's website says ron ayer's (greenville, nc) to tampa, fl would be $20. maybe this is just the way it is, but it's still very frustrating.... i wanna ride dangit!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Brother, I know how you feel. It seems to take longer on parts you can't ride without. Most of the time, I look for the part and call around and ask when it will ship. If the price is close and I can get quick service, I don't usually mind paying a little more just to get it shipped quicker. It just really tries your patience sometimes. Hang in there!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
For common replaceable items - if you are in a hurry, Dennis Kirk is fast. They have 2 different speedo cables - use part search for c9031.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, yeah I had looke at dennis kirk before, but being that it was 2 in the morning, I had entered that I lived in FM (federated states of micronesia) instead of FL and didn't really like the shipping costs. haha just caught the mistake, price is much better now

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
thanks, yeah I had looke at dennis kirk before, but being that it was 2 in the morning, I had entered that I lived in FM (federated states of micronesia) instead of FL and didn't really like the shipping costs. haha just caught the mistake, price is much better now
Oops !! :doh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts